Today for #SundaySupper we teamed up with McCormick to share with you easy meals that can be made in a matter of minutes using McCormick’s Skillet Sauces. When I saw that they had Fajita flavored Skillet Sauce I knew I had to make something with it, since I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE fajitas! It takes me back to the good old days when I had my first job at a fast food taco restaurant. I used to eat chicken fajita burritos until they came out of my ears. Oddly enough I never got sick of the wonderful fajita flavor. It’s one of those flavors that I could eat daily. So today I thought I would share with you my Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl. Yum!! It is perfect for lunch or dinner and takes only a few minutes to make.
My Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl is made with onions, peppers, chicken, brown rice and McCormick Fajita flavor Simmering Sauce. Yum! I’m telling ya, I could eat this all day and be very happy. The simmer sauce has flavors of chili, garlic and lime and of course fajita flavors. It’s savory, not spicy at all. It’s a nice flavor combination.
To make this a quick dinner, I made my brown rice in advance and just warmed it in the microwave. I like to do this to save on time when making my weeknight meals. I already had a batch of brown rice made so it makes this an under 15 minute meal. I just cooked my chicken in a skillet, added my vegetables and then stirred in the McCormick Skillet Sauce. Place in a bowl and serve. How simple is that? I have a good homemade meal in minutes and not only did I love it, but so did my Husband.
I decided to top mine with tomatoes and sour cream to give it a little bit extra flavor and texture. After making this and taking my first bite, I thought, ohhhh, I bet black beans with corn and maybe some avocado would be good too. Actually I know that would be good. So guess what I’ll be making next? You guessed it, the same dish with some added additions.
I wanted to let you know that McCormick Skillet Sauces come in 7 flavors. I already have a few recipes in the pipeline. I love the sauces because they are so quick, loaded with flavor and all you need to add is some protein, vegetables and a skillet. Easy Peasy. Some of the sauces even work in a Crockpot.
- 1 lbs. chicken, skinless boneless
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- ½ large onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 pkg. McCormick Fajita Skillet Sauce
- 4 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced (optional)
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and add to a large skillet. Over medium heat, cook the chicken until no longer pink; about 6 minutes. Add peppers and onions and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Stir in the McCormick Fajita Skillet and cook for 3 minutes; just until the vegetables are tender and sauce is warmed.
- Evenly divide the rice between 4 bowls and evenly divide the chicken mixture. Top with tomatoes and sour cream if desired.
Yummy! I think that tops this meal for me! If you’re looking for other great ideas using McCormick’s Simmering Sauces you should check the Pinterest page. There are so many great recipes there!
You can also check out McCormick at the following:
Also, don’t forget to see what recipes the #SundaySupper crew made McCormick Simmering Sauces. I can’t wait to check them out.
Have a great rest of the weekend!
- Black and White Bean Chicken Chili by The Dinner-Mom
- Black Bean Taco Salad with Chipotle and Garlic by Ruffles & Truffles
- Cashew Chicken by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cauliflower Skillet Steaks-Sicilian Style by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chicken Enchilada Skillet by The Messy Baker
- Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chicken Fried Rice with Sesame Seeds and Almonds by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Creamy Sicilian Style Chicken Mushrooms Ham by Family Foodie
- Fajita Quesadillas by The Foodie Army Wife
- Fire Roasted Garlic Chili with Cilantro Lime Rice by Hip Foodie Mom
- One-Pot Chipotle Chicken Taco Pasta by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Picadillo by kimchi MOM
- Potato Topped Sloppy Beef Skillet by Magnolia Days
- Savory Jade Chicken in Taro Basket by Brunch with Joy
- Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry over Cauliflower Rice by Casa de Crews
- Shrimp Taco’s with a Baja Cream Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes
- Sicilian Chicken and Mushrooms Spaghetti Squash Casserole by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Sicilian Skillet Chicken over Parmesan Zucchini “Noodles” by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Skillet Sicilian Chickpeas Over Brown Rice by Shockingly Delicious
- Skillet Taco Nacho Bake by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Smokey BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches With Creamy Coleslaw by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Smoky Skillet Chicken and Rice by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sriracha Sesame Shrimp and Grits by I’m Not the Nanny
- Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes by The Weekend Gourmet
- Tres Carne Fire Roasted Garlic Chili over Egg Noodles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
This post is sponsored by McCormick in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.