Today for #SundaySupper we are to make a lighten up dish for the holidays. When I think of lightening up the holidays, besides vegetable dishes I think of dessert. One of my favorite desserts to have on Thanksgiving is pumpkin cheesecake. Oh man I could just eat and eat it! So today I thought I would take one of my all time favorite desserts and turn it into a low-calorie dip. As you may know this is my Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip.
This dip is incredible. It’s creamy, light, and loaded with pumpkin flavor. I even used maple syrup to sweetened it up. I love maple syrup with pumpkin. When making this dip, a lot of it disappeared before I could take photos. Jenny had some on a muffin, then she added it to her bagel. She said can I have it all. Yes it’s in the fridge. I had to be sure to get my pictures in before it vanished in front of my eyes. I guess we can say this is a hit.
Making the dip is so easy. I just used reduced fat cream cheese, pumpkin, maple syrup and cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg and beat it all together. I served it with Trader Joe’s pumpkin pita chips and pumpkin crisps. It’s so easy and makes for a great little treat to have at your next holiday party.
- 8 oz cream cheese (1/3 reduced fat)
- ½ cup canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup (more to taste)
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp. ground cloves
- In a mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients and beat until creamy smooth. You will have to scrap down the sides of the bowl periodically.
- Pour into a bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with apples, graham crackers, cinnamon pita chips ect...
I just love the holidays, well I think I just love dessert! 🙂 Now be sure to check out what other lightened up goodies the #SundaySupper crew made.
Have a great rest of the day!
- Lightened Up Eggnog by The Redhead Baker
- Low Calorie Pumpkin Pie Malted Milkshake by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
Appetizer or starter
- Gruyere Cheese Puffs by Sustainable Dad
- Lighten-up Sausage Rolls by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Spaghetti Squash, Pears and Kale with Shrimp by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Lightened Up Cornbread Stuffing by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Spicy Eggplant Dip by Cooking Chat
- Carciofi alla Trapanese by Manu’s Menu
- Fresh Salmon Carpaccio by Food Lust People Love
- Holiday Beef Tenderloin with Sweet Potatoes, Tomatoes and Corn by Family Foodie
- Mini Mushroom Shepherd’s Pies by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Grandma’s Mac n’ Cheese by What Smells So Good?
- Lean Mean Cheeseburger Soup by The Foodie Army Wife
- Roasted Butternut Squash & Chicken Sausage Soup by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Lightened-Up Fettuccine Alfredo by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts by Brunch with Joy
- Butternut Squash Orzo Pasta by Life Tastes Good
- Hearts of Palm, Artichoke, Avocado and Butter Lettuce by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Quick and Easy Sweet Potato by The Educators’ Spin On It
- Lentil & Mushroom Stuffing by Foxes Love Lemons
- Almond-Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Broccoli by The Texan New Yorker
- Tangy, Spiced Red Cabbage by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Honey Ginger Glazed Carrots by Ruffles & Truffles
- Shrimp Salad with White Wine Vinaigrette by eating in instead
- Cranberry Orange Glazed Green Beans by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Mash by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Green Beans with Rosemary Garlic Butter by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mediterranean Lentil Stuffed Delicata Squash by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Leaner Green Beans by Noshing With The Nolands
- Spiced Tri-Colored Carrot Salad by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Horiatki Salata by Peaceful Cooking
- Healthier Potluck Broccoli-Cauliflower Salad by The Weekend Gourmet
- Farro Stuffing with Cranberries and Walnuts by The Dinner-Mom
- Roasted Parsnip and Apple Soup by Curious Cuisiniere
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Sweet Apple Bites by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Individual Cheesecakes by Nosh My Way
- Light and Luscious Chocolate Cheesecake by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pumpkin Pie Pudding by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Healthy Brownie Recipe | Applesauce Brownies by The Perfect Brownie
- Peanut Butter Coconut Mini Bars by Basic N Delicious
- The Blondie Recipe by Wallflour Girl
- Cinnamon Roll Granola Bars by Pies and Plots
- Skinny Ninja Cheesecake by NinjaBaker.com
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pumpkin Blondie by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.