Hi Everyone and Happy Halloween,
This has been an odd cooking week for me. I have been eating bigger lunches and not as much for dinner, so I haven’t been cooking. I like to cook nice dinners for the weekend, but as you can tell I like to do some baking too. Saturday and Sundays are my big blog days for me in reference to gearing up my recipes for the week.
Today I have for you Peanut Butter Banana Nut Cookies. Yummy! These cookies are healthy, easy to make and simply are guilt-free. They make for a nice breakfast cookie or an afternoon snack. They are moist, almost cake like and chock full of nuts, banana and chocolate chips and of course a peanut butter flavor. I love peanut butter and banana together.
- 2 cups + 2 tbsp. whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 large banana, mashed
- ¼ cup light butter spread
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup egg substitute or 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. cinnamon, ground
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped small
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set a side.
- In a bowl add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix together; set a side.
- In a large bowl; add banana, butter and peanut butter and beat until combined. Add honey; brown sugar and beat until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat until combined. Add cinnamon and beat until combined.
- While beating; slowly add the flour mixture until fully incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts. Note: the batter will be a little sticky.
- Take about one heaping tablespoon size of batter and place 2" apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake in oven for 8 - 10 minutes until lightly brown. Let cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes and add to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in the refrigerator.
I love simple cookies like this. I do want to tell you that they are best refrigerated.
Have a wonderful Halloween!
[email protected] says
Mmmm…nothing like a yummy cookie that’s simple to make!