Today I am sharing with you a pretty, easy, quick recipe that is loaded with fall favorites like apples and maple syrup. Ohhhhh, you just have to love fall flavors. Anyway, I was thinking what can I do different with pork? One thing I never have done is make pork shish kabobs. Why not give it a try? So today I tried and now I am sharing it with you because it came out amazing. Let me share with you my Pork and Apples Shish Kabobs.
This dish is delicious. I love the flavor of grilled apples and onions with tender pork. Plus the glaze over the top gives it a nice sweet and savory flavor. It was a sure hit with the family and I think it would be a hit with you, if you’re a pork and apple kind of person.
I made the glaze to go over the top of the pork which is made with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup and dijon mustard. Simply perfect. For the apples, I was pretty impressed that they still held their firmness and was easily able to cut with a fork. The recipe takes about 10 minutes to make, which is perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
- 1 lbs. pork loin, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 /2 apples, sliced into 1" pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced into chunks
- salt & pepper
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- In a bowl; mix together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, mustard and maple syrup; set a side.
- Heat the grill to medium heat.
- Skewer together the pork, apples and onion, alternating between pork, onion and apple. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add pork skewers to the grill and brush on the marinade. Cook for 5 minutes, flip the skewer and brush with more marinade. Cook for about 5 minutes more or until pork is fully cooked.
- Note: if using a wood skewers, be sure to soak them for 30 minutes in water before using.
Funny, up until now, I never thought of making pork skewers. Now there are a ton of recipes that I can make this way.
Have a super great day!