Surprise! We are having #SundaySupper today instead of on Sunday. Today #SundaySupper teamed up with Gallo Family Vineyards to share Labor Day recipes. Can you believe it is already the end of summer and were thinking of Labor Day? I am going to miss all of the summer produce, so with that in mind I had to use fresh peaches that I picked up from the Farmers Market in todays’ recipe; Peach Mango Grilled Chicken over Quinoa. An amazing simple meal with a ton of flavor.
This dish is so easy to make. Its light, refreshing, savory with a pinch of sweetness. I think it is perfect for Labor Day and it’s perfect for a quick dinner. It’s grilled chicken, covered with a peach mango sauce that is made with Gallo Family Vineyards Riesling, topped on a bed of quinoa. Delicious!!
To make the dish I simply sautéed together fresh peaches, mango, cornstarch a pinch of sugar and GFV Riesling. I cooked it until it became thick and slightly saucy. To make it more creamy, I added it to my blender and processed it until it was slightly smooth, with little chunks of fruit. While I was cooking the sauce, I cooked my chicken on the grill. I didn’t add much seasoning to the chicken, just a little bit of olive oil and pepper. One thing I did was cheat. I bought frozen quinoa that was already cooked. All I had to do was heat it up in the microwave. The whole dinner took about 20 minutes to make. Not to bad, and it tasted restaurant quality. I was surprised because I thought with the fruit that it would be sweet, but it wasn’t. It was a perfect balance of sweet, but also savory. It was a hit with the family. I think quinoa is finally starting to grow on them. Yeah!
- 2 large peaches, seeded (peel if desired), cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup mango, peeled, seeded, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. sugar
- ½ cup Gallo Family Vineyards Riesling
- 1 lbs. chicken breast, skinless, boneless
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- In a skillet add peaches, mango, cornstarch and sugar, mix together. Add Gallo Family Vineyards Riesling. Cook over medium, low heat for 10 minutes; until thick and soften, stirring constantly. Add to a blender and pulse a few times until it smooths out a pinch, but leaves chunks of fruit.
- Set the grill to medium heat. Brush the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with ground pepper. Cook one side of the chicken for about 7 minutes, flip and cook for another 5 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink.
- Evenly divide the quinoa between 4 plates. Add 4 oz. of chicken over each plate then top the chicken with peach and mango sauce.
I am absolutely loving this meal and I think you will too! So easy to make, perfect for a summer night meal. I am loving Gallo Family Vineyards new Riesling. The Riesling whispers of honeysuckle, juicy peach, pear and ripe citrus. Whether you are serving barbecue from the grill for family and friends, or a savory pasta for two, this incredibly versatile wine will pair beautifully. It’s the perfect compliment to your summer dinners, and goes very well with a night on the patio watching the sun set!
You can check out Gallo family Vineyards Labor Day Recipes here.
You can check out Gallo Family Vineyards Summer Selection Wines below:
You can also get a $1.00 off coupon here.
You can find Gallo Family Vineyards Wines here. You can also check out Gallo Family Vineyards website for their wine varieties and some great recipes.
Information on Gallo Family Vineyards
Gallo Family Vineyards store locator
Don’t forget to check out what Labor Day dishes the #SundaySupper crew made.
Have a fabulous Weekend!
P.S. I won’t be around much this week, as I am heading to Baton Rouge, Louisiana. But don’t worry I will get your messages and be sure to check in with you everyday.
- German Strawberry Wine Punch (Erdbeerbowle) by Magnolia Days
- Ginger Plum Sangria by Jelly Toast
- Lemon Lime Wine Sparkle by Basic N Delicious
- Watermelon Wine Cooler with Lime by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Labor Day Savory Bites:
- Breakfast Sausages with Apples & Riesling by Webicurean
- Buffalo Ranch Pasta Salad by Foxes Love Lemons
- Clams in White Wine Sauce with Goat Cheese Crostini by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Deconstructed Egg Rolls by Ruffles & Truffles
- Peach Mango Grilled Chicken over Quinoa by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Sausage Mushroom and Bacon Pasta by Family Foodie
- Whipped Feta & Grilled Peach Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Labor Day Desserts:
- Brown Butter Grilled Peach Cupcakes with Riesling Frosting by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mango Riesling Coulis by Run DMT
- Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake by Desserts Required
- Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Brownies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Peach Granita Sundaes by Melanie Makes
- Peach Riesling Buckle by girlichef
- Riesling Infused Peach and Blueberry Cobbler by In The Kitchen With KP
- Riesling Poached Peaches with Mascarpone Cream by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- White Wine Ice Cream by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
This looks amazing. I might try it with pork chops too.
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) says
Oh wow this looks sooo delish! And Renee is right, this sounds great for pork chops too!
This looks like THE perfect summer dish!
Such bright colors and flavors! And anything with quinoa – SIGN ME UP! 😉
susan @ the wimpy vegetarian says
This looks so healthy and delicious! I love the combination of quinoa and peaches!!
Heather // girlichef says
Oh, mango, riesling and grilled chicken sound like a match made in heaven. What a delicious dish, Jen! And frozen quinoa – I’ve never seen any, but what a perfect time-saver. 🙂
Family Foodie says
This is such a fun idea. Love love love it!
Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips says
I could eat this for dinner every night!
That sauce looks so vibrant and fresh!
Kristi @ My SF Kitchen says
I cannot believe it is already almost LABOR DAY!! What a tasty looking dish, can’t get enough of peaches right now!!
Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons says
You did this in 20 minutes?!? High five, lady. This looks like a restaurant quality dish with none of the guilt. Love it!