Today for #SundaySupper we teamed up with American Family Insurance to share with you Family Healthy Fit Lifestyle Recipes. The whole purpose of this post is how to get your family outside to play, exercise and have fun! Plus to share healthy recipes that you can make on a budget. Today’s recipe was not an easy task! Now the recipe, super easy to make, takes 5 minutes but getting the popsicle molds was not easy. Ok that was easy, it was finding popsicle sticks that was hard. We purchased our popsicle mold and it didn’t contain sticks, so we searched 5 different stores to find the sticks and finally we went to Micheals and there they were! Yah! It was a mission that was well done! My Husband came up with the idea of today’s recipe and I am happy to finally make it! So I am very happy to share with you today’s recipe Strawberry Banana Smoothie Popsicles.
These popsicles taste mighty delish! They are made with banana’s, strawberries, yogurt and milk. I basically took one of my all time favorite smoothies and made it into a popsicle. They turned out perfect! They are creamy, healthy, perfect balance of banana and strawberries! You really can’t go wrong with these popsicles and the best part is that they are guilt free. Perfect for giving to your children after a long day of playing outside.
I know not everyone has popsicle molds and they may not be so easy to find this time of year, since it seems that the summer items are clearing off the shelves and fall items are coming in, but that doesn’t mean you can’t make these popsicles. You can use a plastic cup or Dixie cup as your mold, pour in the ingredients and place plastic wrap over the top, cut a small slit and pop in your popsicle stick in it. I have even made popsicles using a straw as my handle. You have to work with what you have.
To make the popsicles, in a blender I added a frozen banana, strawberries, greek yogurt, milk and a pinch of honey to sweetened it up. I poured into my mold and they took about 6 hours to freeze. To pop them out of your mold, just run warm water over the mold and they should pop out. I love these and I am excited to make other popsicles, so I guarantee there will be more popsicle recipes soon!
- 1 cup strawberries, frozen
- 1 banana, frozen
- ½ cup greek yogurt, plain
- ½ cup non-fat milk or milk of choice
- 1 tsp. honey or sugar
- Add all of your ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Pour mixture into popsicle mold. Place in freezer for approx. 6 hours. Run popsicle mold under warm water and pop out of mold and serve.
I am so excited for this recipe! I really, really can’t wait to make more! They were a huge hit with my family and I feel really good sharing such a healthy recipe with them.
I highly recommend checking out the Health and Fitness #ChooseDreams Pinterest board to get more ideas on fresh, beautiful recipes for living a healthy lifestyle. You can go here to check it out!!
You can also check out AM Fam Social Media Sites below:
Make sure you check out what the rest of the #SundaySupper gang has made that is perfect for a healthy lifestyle.
- Get Up and Go Mocha Breakfast Smoothie by The Foodie Army Wife
- Avocado Tomato and Feta Toast with Poached Eggs by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Peanut Butter Banana Oat Smoothie by The Messy Baker
Salads and Healthy Snacks
- Cherry Kale Panzanella by Jelly Toast
- Watermelon Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Dressing by Runner’s Tales
- Southwestern Chicken Salad by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pantry Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Energy Bars by Magnolia Days
Healthy Fit Lifestyle Dinners
- Grilled Fish Tacos with Summer Salsa by Foxes Love Lemons
- Blueberry Pork Chops by MealDiva
- Individual Grilled Veggie Pizzas by Curious Cuisiniere
- Almond Cashew Chicken by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Quinoa Bowls with Grilled Vegetables and Corn Salsa by Ruffles & Truffles
- Chicken and Mushroom Stuffed Peppers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sesame Chicken and Vegetable Pasta by Momma’s Meals
- Spiced Yogurt Chicken Kabobs by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Chicken Spinach Quinoa and Brown Rice by Family Foodie
- Healthy Coconut Banana Cookies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie Popsicles by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Blueberry Quinoa Cobbler by Run DMT
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
This post is sponsored by American Family Insurance. All opinions are my own.