Hi Everyone, Today for #WeekdaySupper we have to do a healthy recipe that is made 30 minutes or less. With summer here, I thought the perfect, healthy meal would be a watermelon salad chock full of strawberries and chicken. Yum! Both watermelon and strawberries are so plentiful and sweet right now that I simply can’t get enough.
- 8 oz chicken, cooked, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 cups butter lettuce
- 2 cups watermelon, diced, seeded
- 1 cup strawberries, cut in half
- ¼ cup red onion, sliced
- 1 oz feta cheese
- ¼ cup balsamic dressing (I used fat free)
- Divide between two plates, lettuce, chicken, watermelon, strawberries, onions and feta cheese. Top with your favorite balsamic dressing.
- Note: For the chicken; I marinated it with balsamic dressing over night and grilled it for 7 minutes on one side and 5 minutes on the other.
I highly recommend checking out the Family Favorites Turned Healthy #ChooseDreams Pinterest board: board to get more ideas on fresh, beautiful, family recipes turned healthy. You can go here to check it out!!
You can also check out AM Fam Social Media Sites below:
Be sure to also check out the rest of the #WeekdaySupper gang to see what they cooked up on this weeks menu.
Monday: Easy Dinner Quiche from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
Tuesday: Tuna Frittata from girlichef
Wednesday: Farmer’s Market Wrap with Avocado Hummus from Seduction in the Kitchen
Thursday: Easy Pad Thai from The Dinner-Mom
Friday: Fresh Watermelon and Chicken Salad from Peanut Butter and Peppers
Have a wonderful weekend!