I just got the new Cooking Light magazine in the mail and on the cover was a BLT pizza. I saw it, I dreamt of it and I just had to make it. But one thing about their recipe versus mine is that theirs takes a while. Then I thought how can I make this pizza and give it a shortcut? I happened to be at Trader Joe’s, shocking I know and I saw Naan bread in the freezer section. I thought was a perfect size for a personal pizza. So I rummaged through the store and picked up some Trader Joe’s Applewood Bacon, some Arugula, mozzarella cheese and ran home to make my recipe! It turned out amazing! Just look!
The pizza tastes just like a Bacon Lettuce and Tomato sandwich, but I think better! The Naan Bread was doughy enough to call pizza, but firm enough to hold all of the ingredients without flopping over. This was truly the perfect little pizza. Here is the picture of the Naan Bread I got. Oh and you can pick up all of the ingredients at Trader Joe’s for this pizza.
The pizza has a sauce made of olive oil, mayonnaise, and garlic, smeared on the bottom. Then it was topped with freshly cooked bacon, that I made in the oven, fresh tomatoes from the garden and of course you can’t forget the mozzarella cheese!
The bacon took 17 minutes to make, but the rest only took a few. This is perfect f you have already made bacon, or just bake up your own. You would place the bacon on a baking sheet, bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Drain the fat and then flip the bacon and cook for 2 minutes more. Perfect!! I thought the addition of arugula would be weird but it gave it a nice peppery taste that complimented the pizza.
- 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
- ½ tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tbsp garlic, minced
- 4 pieces Naan Bread, frozen (I used Trader Joe's Frozen)
- 1 tsp. oregano, dried
- 1 cup tomatoes, sliced
- 3 slices bacon, cooked, broken into pieces
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, lite, shredded
- 1 handful arugula
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, olive oil and garlic; mix until combined.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture over Naan bread and sprinkle with oregano. Evenly divide the bacon and tomatoes over Naan Bread. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Place the pizzas on a cookie sheet; bake in the oven for 5-7 minutes, until Naan Bread is cooked and cheese is melted. Top with fresh arugula.
When I was eating this pizza, I thought I bet this would be good would with a fried egg over the top. I think I may try that next time. If your out to make a different kind of pizza, you should give this one a try! It tastes great, super easy and sure to be a crowd pleaser! BLT combo is a nice, simple, classic comfort food to me and I can’t wait to make this pizza again! Lucky I doubled up on my ingredients!
Well my Friends! Have a super great weekend!