I debated about sharing today’s recipe with you, not because it doesn’t taste good, not because it’s healthy for you, but because it’s kind of ugly. I have to say it is the ugly duckling of juices, but I really felt the need to share it because it is so good for you, especially on hot days! Let me introduce to you today’s recipe the Morning Workout Hydrating Juice.
See what I mean, it’s ugly! But it really tastes good if you like the flavors of carrot and cucumber. This juice is made with 100% pure organic carrot juice that I bought at Trader Joe’s, pure organic coconut water, frozen pineapple and cucumber. It’s light, refreshing and really tastes like your drinking cucumbers. The funny color comes from the skin of the cucumber. If you peel the cucumber first it will probably take on more of an orange color. But since my Vitamix really blends well, I kept the skin on.
So what makes this juice so healthy? Here are the benefits of each ingredient.
- Carrot Juice: Healing, contains pro-vitamin A, vitamins C, D, E, K, B1 and B6, helps with acne, ulcers, cancer, asthma, cholesterol, constipation, water retention just to name a few.
- Coconut Water: The juice is packed with simple sugar, electrolytes, and minerals to replenish hydration levels within the body. Naturally occurring bioactive enzymes such as acid phosphatase, catalase, dehydrogenase, diastase, peroxidase, RNA-polymerases etc. In effect, these enzymes help in the digestion and metabolism. Contains electrolyte potassium, resh coconut water has a small amount of vitamin-C (Ascorbic acid); It provides about 2.4 mg or 4% of RDA and vitamin C is a water-soluble ant-oxidant.
- Pineapple: Contains vitamin C, Vitamin B6, thiamin, copper, manganese, and dietary fiber, Rich amount of manganese for strong bones, anti cancer properties, helps cure curing sore throat, gout and swellings, promotes healthy immunity and helps with nausea.
- Cucumber: Re-hydrates and replenishes the body, fights cancer, helps with hangovers, helps with weight loss and digestion, helps cure diabetes, reduces cholesterol and controls blood pressure. Cucumber is an excellent source of silica, which is known to help promotes joint health by strengthening the connective tissues. They are also rich in vitamin A, B1, B6, C & D, Folate, Calcium, Magnesium, and Potassium. When mixed with carrot juice, they can relieve gout and arthritis pain by lowering the uric acid levels
- ½ cup carrot juice (all natural)
- ½ cup coconut water
- ½ cup pineapple, frozen
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled if your blender can't take the skin
- Add all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth
So this is isn’t a beautiful drink, but as you can see from the benefits, it’s really good for you! Plus it tastes good too. If it’s not sweet enough for you, I recommend adding a pinch of honey to it. Also you will like this drink if you like the taste of carrots and cucumbers. It’s really light, really refreshing. I have been drinking this for my morning drinks and in the afternoon I have been having a fruit smoothie with yogurt.
Have a fabulous day!
Allergy to Coconut.
Have a Joyful Day :~D
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers says
I would probably use more carrot juice to make up for the coconut water. It will taste wonderful!
Thanks Jennifer I’ll give it a try.