Today I am re-making, re-improving one of my all time favorite salads, the Barbecue Chicken Salad with BBQ Ranch Dressing. I swear this is one salad that I could eat everyday!! Psst… I ate it for dinner, lunch then dinner again. he he
This salad has it all, chicken, black beans, corn, avocado, tomatoes, cucumber and my favorite part healthy BBQ Ranch Dressing. Oh man is it good!! It’s filling, healthy and just loaded with flavor. If you’re a frequent reader you will know I love BBQ and Southwestern flavors,so why not put them together for this classic salad?
The dressing is my favorite part, it’s made with greek yogurt, barbecue sauce and ranch seasoning. I love how thick and creamy it is without all of the calories. It’s spoon licking good!! Definitely better than store bought without all of the calories! Try the dressing and dip chicken in it, so good!
For the chicken, I marinated my chicken in chiavetta’s marinade. But I didn’t put that in the recipe because I know it is an east coast, maybe even just a Buffalo, NY thing? So in the recipe I put cooked chicken. A rotisserie chicken would be perfect in this recipe or leftover chicken from another meal.
- 6 oz. greek yogurt, plain
- 2 tbsp. barbecue sauce (your favorite kind, I used Stubbs Spicy)
- 1 tsp. Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning, packet
- ½ tsp. milk (optional)
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- ½ cup corn, fresh or frozen (thaw if frozen)
- ½ cup black beans, cooked, rinsed, drained
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded, diced
- ½ cup cucumber, peeled, diced
- ½ cup avocado, diced
- 8 oz chicken, skinless, boneless, cooked, diced
- To make dressing: In a small bowl add greek yogurt, barbecue sauce, ranch seasoning and milk. Mix until combined; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Divide between two plates romaine lettuce, corn, black beans, tomato, cucumber, avocado and chicken. Top with barbecue ranch dressing
I originally made this recipe a couple of years ago on my blog, but this version is so much better. You can check out the old recipe here. I think you will see the improvement. I enjoying re-making my old recipes. It’s funny how you grow and learn when it comes to cooking and how can take something that you thought was so perfect and make it even better. I guess there is always room for improvement. Back then, nothing could top my Barbecue Chicken Salad, but now, the salad was topped with this one! 🙂 So much better!!
Well my Friends, I’m going away soon and I still have a bazillion recipes to make, so it’s time for me to get cooking. What to make? I have a few ideas in store, it’s just doing it and making it perfect!
Have a great day!