Man oh man, I couldn’t wait for dinner tonight! I was driving to work and for some odd reason at 5:30am I’m thinking I want Buffalo Chicken for dinner. After work I rushed to Trader Joe’s and picked up my chicken and I just couldn’t wait to start making dinner. This is one heck of a good dinner that I simply LOVE! As you know I am a huge Buffalo chicken fan, especially since I am from Buffalo and boy do I miss those chicken wings, but you know what? I liked today’s recipe better than good old chicken wings. How could I not, its cheesy, spicy and perfect!!
My Grilled Cheesy Buffalo Chicken is made with nothing better than Franks Hot Sauce, filled with cheesy, melting mozzarella cheese. It simply screams perfection in my eyes. I served it with a little side salad and purple potatoes. I keep getting purple potatoes in my CSA Box. My Husband thinks they are funny, but he just loves them. They taste just like regular potatoes. They are just odd in color. When I made my Skillet Roasted Chicken and served it with roasted potatoes, I thought they were red potatoes and when we sat down to dinner they were purple. lol
To make this chicken it’s super easy!! I cut my chicken horizontally and just stuffed it with a little cheese, folded it over and it was ready for the sauce. To make the hot sauce, I melted some butter in the microwave, added Franks Hot Sauce and a pinch of celery salt. I brushed it on my chicken and on the grill it went. I know a lot of you can’t grill right now, but don’t let that stop you from having this wonderful dish. You can make it the same way, just by cooking it in the oven. Just heat your oven to 375 degrees, spray a baking dish with cooking spray, add the chicken and drizzle the hot sauce over the top. Place it in the oven for about 35 minutes and it will be done. That was how I was originally going to make it, but with it being 77 degrees out, I just had to cook it on the grill. I love grilling season. Matter in fact this weekend it the opening of the Farmers Market! Yah!! I really think Spring is here! At least in California.
- 1 lbs. boneless chicken breast
- black pepper
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded,divided
- 1 tsp. butter (I used Brummel & Brown)
- ¼ cup Franks Hot Sauce
- ¼ tsp. celery salt
- Preheat grill to medium low heat
- Butter fly your chicken, by cutting it horizontally. Do not cut all the way through. Sprinkle the inside of the chicken with pepper. Evenly top the the chicken with cheese and fold over the chicken to close it. It should look like the chicken breast before you cut it.
- In a microwave safe bowl (I used a pyrex measuring cup) melt the butter for 8 seconds. Stir in hot sauce and celery salt.
- Brush one side of the chicken with hot sauce mixture and place the hot sauce size down on the grill. Brush more hot sauce over top of chicken. Cook for about 7 minutes. Flip the chicken and brush on remaining hot sauce and cook until no longer pink; about 5 minutes more.
- Serve with a side salad, celery, carrots and ranch dressing if desired.
I think I am finally starting to get Spring Fever! I love this time of year! The flowers are blossoming, the sun is warm and best of all Spring produce. I can’t wait to see what I will be picking up at the Farmers Market this weekend! he he
Have a great day!