Today I have for you a simple holiday dish that would be perfect for serving at a New Years party. It’s simple, loaded with flavor and can be made in a matter of minutes and even made in advance. This is my Herb Goat Cheese and Tomato Cups.
I just think these are the cutest little cups. They are loaded with lots of flavor, very creamy and has a nice little crunch because of the fillo cups. They are just cute on served on a pretty tray.
To make them, I took creamy goat cheese and mixed it with Gourmet Garden Garlic and Herb pastes. Have you used Gourmet Garden? I tried it for the first time a few weeks ago and I never looked back. I love them and they do taste super fresh! If you don’t have Gourmet Garden, pesto sauce would work great in this recipe.
I just love fresh cherry tomatoes, they add the perfect pop!! However, if you don’t have fresh tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes would also work great! This little appetizer tastes like a creamy pesto sauce. I kind of have a big thing for pesto, I love it! But my Husband is not a fan of pesto. Now that I think about it, he doesn’t like herbs at all, except dill. Me, I love herbs, I think they really bring a dish to life.
- 15 mini fillo shells
- 3.5 oz creamy goat cheese
- ½ tsp. Garden Gourmet Garlic Pasta
- 1 tbsp. Garden Gourmet Italian Herb Paste
- 13 cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place your fillo shells on a baking sheet and bake for 3 minutes until crispy; set a side.
- In a bowl, add goat cheese, Garden Gourmet Garlic Paste and Garden Gourmet Italian Herb Paste. Mix until well combined.
- Evenly divide the cheese herb cheese mixture into each fillo shell and top with half a tomato.
Calories per 2 cups: 62, Fat: 3, Sodium: 86, Potassium: 74, Carbs: 6, Fiber: .04, Sugar: .08, Protein: 3
I really love simple dishes like this and I love that it can be made in advance. It really has the most wonderful flavor and if you are a pesto fan, this is a little guilt-free appetizer is for you!
I hope you have a fabulous weekend!