Winners of NadaMoo! Coconut Ice Cream Vouchers
(confirmed) Author: Shaina
Comment: I follow on pinterest
Comment: I’d love to try the Java Crunch – but they all sound fabulous!
Did I ever tell you that my Husband is a jerk? Well he is! About 4 weeks ago we went to Auntie Anne’s Pretzels and they had an ice cream shop attached to it. My Husband loves the pretzels at Auntie Anne’s, so as we were waiting for his pretzels, there were signs everywhere showing pictures of peppermint ice cream on peppermint cones and peppermint shakes. He looked at me and said, to bad you can’t have one! Then laughed! I told him he’s mean!!! Sigh…. For one month now all I have been thinking of was that darn sugar cone with peppermint and chocolate topped with peppermint ice cream. As you know I have pretty much gone dairy-free, well until my doctor gives me the results of all my tests, which I’ll find out later this week. Anyway, besides dairy and the calories, my doctor put me on a bland diet, said no sweets. Double sigh… So now that I am clear of no more tests I can have sweets. So the second thing I made was a Chocolate Peppermint Sugar Cone! Oh yah!!!
These cones are so easy to make and it’s low-calorie too! Woohoo! However due to making it I am not sharing with you the calories, since it is too hard to figure out. I can tell you the sugar cone is 50 calories and made by Keebler and is vegan, but sorry, not gluten-free. Anyway to make the cone, I melted about 1/2 cup dark chocolate wafers and dipped the cone in the chocolate, then dipped it in crushed candy cane pieces. Let me warn you, you will have left over candy cane pieces and chocolate. I am just reserving the leftovers for another day.
Now of course the only thing I am missing is the ice cream. Not a problem! I am pretty lucky because the folks over a NadaMoo! asked me if I wanted to try their Coconut Ice Cream. As you know I LOVE coconut and I love ice cream, so I said YES!!! Oh baby, let me tell you amazing!!! One of the best YES’s I have ever said!!! On top of my cone went on a big scoop of NadaMoo! Lotta Mint Coconut Ice Cream!
Now getting this ice cream was not an easy task, after all it was shipped from Texas and guess what, bad weather arrived and it got stuck in Texas. I got the package late and when I opened it up, it was melted and I mean melted. I could smell all of the flavors and I was so tempted to take a spoon full of melted Coconut Ice Cream, but I refrained myself. They say you should not cry over spilled milk, but how about melted coconut milk? I almost cried! Maybe I did a little?
But the folks at NadaMoo! said erase the image of the melted coconut ice cream from my mind, let us re-ship more to you! YAH!!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited and it arrived in tack!!! I quickly placed it in my freezer and waited for doctors orders to when I could have sweets again. Then on that first night as soon as dinner was done, I whipped open the Chocolate Almond Chip! I ate it all before I could show you a picture or blog about it!! It was delicious! It didn’t taste like coconut at all it, it was creamy, chocolaty and just dam good. They say don’t eat ice cream out of the container but I did! The next day I made my Chocolate Peppermint Cones and topped it with Nada Moo! Lotta Mint Coconut Ice Cream. Again, when I lifted the top it was creamy smooth, not hard at all!!
This was one of the best desserts ever!!!! It satisfied my peppermint ice cream cravings and get this; just about half the fat and calories as regular ice cream. It was minty delicious and just plain perfect! I love that NadaMoo! is Gluten-Free, Vegan, Organic and Fair Trade Certified. Whether your dairy free, gluten-free, vegan or an ice cream lover, this Coconut Ice Cream will be loved by all!! Here are the stats of the Gotta Do Chocolate. Just check out the fiber and how low the sugar is! 🙂
Here is a picture of the Coconut Ice Cream as soon as I took it out of the freezer. See what I mean about creamy? I have had lots of coconut ice cream in my time, but this is the only one I have ever had that you can scoop it right away. Normally you have to let it sit on the counter for a few minutes to soften up.
- 2 Sugar Cones
- ½ cup dark melting chocolates
- ¼ cup crushed candy canes
- Line a plate with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a small bowl, add crushed candy canes; set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate and melt in the microwave for increments of 15 seconds. Mixing in between each increment until melted. it took me about 45 seconds.
- Once the chocolate is melted; take the sugar cone and dip into the chocolate, rolling it slighlty to get the chocolate on the sides of the cone. Let the chocolate drip off the cones. The quickly dip into the crushed candy canes. You can sprinkle the candy canes on the chocolate, gently pressing down so it sticks to the cone.
- Place the chocolate candy cane coated cone onto the parchment paper and place in the refrigerator until it hardens up about 5 minutes or so.
- Top the cone with Peppermint Ice Cream.
I have to tell you taking photos of ice cream and holding a cone is pretty difficult for one person. I held the cone and took the picture with my other hand. Lucky I can balance pretty good! lol Plus the ice cream started to melt, so quick shots, so I can eat it!! 🙂
NadaMoo! Coconut Ice Cream is Dairy Free, Vegan, and Gluten Free Ice Cream comes in 7 different flavors:
- Java Crunch
- Lotta Mint Chip
- Gotta Do Chocolate
- mmm…Maple Pecan Creamy Coconut
- Sweet Cherry Lime
- Chocolate Almond Chip
So what is the Giveaway? NadaMoo! Coconut Ice Cream! Two lucky winners will receive vouchers so you can try NadaMoo! yourself and I can guarantee you will love it!!! I know I do!!
To win, all you have to do is tell me: What is NadaMoo! Coconut Ice Cream are you looking forward to trying?
For additional entries:
- Follow Peanut Butter and Peppers and/ or NadaMoo! on Twitter
- Tweet my giveaway: Win NadaMoo! Coconut Ice Cream, Gluten-Free, Vegan, & Dairy-Free at Peanut Butter and Peppers http://www.peanutbutterandpeppers.com/2013/12/23/chocolate-peppermint-sugar-cones-giveaway/ @JenatPBandP @NadaMoo
- Follow Peanut Butter and Peppers and/or NadaMoo! on Facebook
- Follow me on Pintrest and / or NadaMoo!
- Follow me on Instagram and /or NadaMoo!
Yum, yum, yum! You know what I’ll be having after dinner tonight! I am loving this giveaway and my NadaMoo! in the freezer! Oh by the way, if you want to try NadaMoo! you can go here, to see where it is located near you.
Have a wonderful day!