Today I have a cute and fun recipe just for you!! It’s chocolaty, sweet and oh so adorable! I am just loving today’s recipe! Not only are they adorable, but you get 36 cutest little muffins. Yup, I made muffins today and I haven’t made muffins in forever! I don’t know why? There are so easy and plain old fun!
These muffins are chock full of chocolate goodness! They are a triple chocolate threat! They contain, melted dark chocolate, cocoa powder and mini chocolate chips. See what I mean, a triple threat? These muffins are for the chocolate lover in your life! Or me!!!
The muffins aren’t only chocolaty, but they are uber moist too!! I used canola oil in it to give it extra moisture! Plus I also used coconut milk to give it more moister, but any kind of milk you have on hand will work. I just like to use coconut milk when I bake, it just seems to make things more creamy. Just look at the inside of the muffin.
- 1 ounces dark chocolate wafers, melted
- 1 1 /2 cups whole wheat pastry flour or all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. baking soda
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup coconut milk or 2% milk
- ¼ cup vegetable or canola oil
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup egg substitute or 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray two mini muffin pans with cooking spray; set a side.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add chocolate wafers and melt in the microwave on 10 second intervals, stirring in between each interval until melted (mine took 35 seconds); set a side.
- In a large bowl, add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and baking soda; stir well; set a side.
- In a medium bowl, add sugar, milk, oil, vanilla, and eggs; stir until well combined.
- Add melted chocolate and coconut milk mixture to flour mixture, with a spatula, fold until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Evenly divide batter in prepared muffin pans.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
I enjoyed my time off last week. I really liked baking in the morning and sending my Husband off to work with nice warm muffins. This is something I never get to do!! I think I spoiled my Husband last week. But it’s back to the routine. Sigh… Sorry Hubby, now it’s quick dinners, and less treats.
Have a wonderful day!
P.S. The winner of the Ocean Spray Giveaway for the Costco Membership and Gift Card is:
Your Winner (confirmed)
Comment: I also follow you on pinterest and repinned it! Hoping I’m a lucky one. Thanks for this opportunity!