Did you stuff yourself this past weekend? Did you eat lots of leftovers? Did you consume too many glasses of wine? A few too many slivers of pumpkin pie? How about a pinch of this a pinch of that and next thing you know you completely stuffed yourself and you feel like the Thanksgiving turkey. Well don’t worry we all do that and trust me I know, actually I know to well! 🙂 So today I created a smoothie for you that will help cure the Monday Belly Blues.
This smoothie has everything to help you get a flat belly. Now don’t just drink this and think you’re bloating will go away, their are other things you need to do too, here are a few things that you shouldn’t do if your bloated!
- Don’t Chew Gum
- Don’t Drink from a Straw
- Don’t add salt to food
- Don’t Drink or consume too much Dairy, such as Cheese, Milk & Ice Cream (1 cup of milk is enough)
- Limit the use of Sugar Substitutes and Sugar Alcohol
- Don’t Drink Bubbly Drinks including soda or carbonated water
- Don’t eat to many carbs in the evening
- Don’t eat Beans (we all know what beans do)
- Don’t eat Cabbage, Broccoli, Onions, Brussels Sprouts, Mushrooms, and Artichokes
So what does my magically smoothie contain to make it debloat you? Just a few simple ingredients! Banana, Strawberries, Pineapple, Spinach and Coconut Milk. That’s it!!! It’s naturally sweet, thick and you DO NOT taste the spinach. I gave it to my Husband and the smoothie scared him. I said just try it and he was pleasantly surprised on how good it is. Here is what all of the ingredients do for you.
- Banana – It provides potassium and regulates and can help regulate your body’s sodium levels.
- Strawberries – Provides fiber and can help promote digestion and fight bloating. Strawberries are also high in vitamin C.
- Pineapple – It boasts a high-water concentration that will help to flush excess fluids from your system. They also contain enzymes that help you better digest protein.
- Spinach – Provides fiber intake can help prevent and combat bloating, plus it helps you get clearer skin, improved immune system and more. It’s not a Super Food without good reason.
- Coconut Milk – it’s a natural diuretic, provides potassium and electrolytes.
Here are a few things you can do if you do feel bloated or um, a little gassy
- Move around, yes we don’t like to move when were bloated, but the movement moves the gas right out of you.
- Drink lots of water! Water will get rid of the sodium, fill you up and it’s just good for you!
- Eat oatmeal or quinoa! These are two carbs that will provide fiber, releases slow sugar to help lower your glycemic index.
- Eat high potassium foods like bananas, nuts, tomatoes, spinach and asparagus.
- Drink peppermint or chamomile tea, they both sooth a stomach.
- Drink water with a lemon, this will naturally detoxify your kidneys. I drink this every morning before my coffee.
- ½ a medium banana, frozen
- 1 cup strawberries,frozen
- 1 cup pineapple, frozen
- 1 handful spinach, fresh
- 11/4 cups coconut milk from carton (do not use canned coconut)
- Place everything in the blender and blend until smooth.
Well I hope today’s smoothie helps you feel good! Whether you have bloat or looking for a good smoothie to help kick-start your Monday, this is one that will do it for you! Now this week, if you make everything I am going to share with you, you will definitely need this smoothie! I have lots of goodies that I made over Thanksgiving break and I can’t wait to share them with you!
Have a wonderful day!
P.S. This weekend I got and e-mail from a student named Brian who is in his first year of Graphic Design and he is currently involved in designing a magazine cover for his final in his Photoshop class. Brian asked me if it would be ok if he used my picture of my Roasted Squash and Mexican Black Bean Salad for his final. I was so flattered that he asked me. This is one of those blogging moments, when you realize you love what you do! I told him of course you can use the photo as long as you send me a picture of the cover. I thought Brian did a beautiful job and I wanted to share it with you. Don’t you think he did a great job?