Howdy and Happy Saturday!
Yupperdoodles, I bring you another side dish, but oh this one is so good! Whether you love carrots or not, this is one that is sure to please everyone! It’s sweet, has a slight crunch from it roasting in the maple syrup. Oh baby, carrots and maple syrup, it’s a wonderful combination!! Last year I brought you honey glazed carrots, and this year I changed it up and added maple syrup instead. I think I still have my Maple Glazed Bacon still in my head. Ohhhh, I bet that would be good with the carrots too! Anyway, as much as I love the honey glazed carrots, today’s recipe tops it!
I kind of wish that I got more pictures of this dish, but my Husband was antsy for dinner and I didn’t want to serve cold carrots, however they taste pretty darn good cold. This dish is wonderful to accompany almost any meal and perfect for serving with your holiday meal. It’s healthy, quick to cook and the vibrant orange color is just beautiful.
- 4 cups (374 grams) carrots, peeled
- 1 tbsp butter or maragrine
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp pepper, ground
- 1 tbsp. butter (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Peel your carrots, and slice into thirds and slice again vertical. You want the carrots to be the same size. Add carrots to a bowl; set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add butter and maple syrup and microwave for 15 seconds or until butter has melted and liquid has warmed. Pour mixture over carrots. Mix until the carrots are covered with the maple syrup mixture. Place carrots on baking sheet and sprinkle with pepper.
- Roast for 10 minutes then flip the carrots and cook for 5 to 10 minutes longer or until carrots are fork tender. Note: Cooking time depends on how thick you cut your carrots. The thicker it is, the longer it cooks.
- Place carrots in a serving bowl and add 1 tbsp. of butter while the carrots are still warm.
I don’t make carrots nearly enough and I don’t understand why? I get them just about every other week in my CSA box. I guess after making them this way, I will be sure to roast up more carrots.
Well my Husband just informed me that he wants to go to the movies. I’m shocked. We want to see Last Vegas with Robert DiNero, Michael Douglas and Morgan Freeman. Seems like a fun cast!!
Have a wonderful day!