Yes I am back with yet another pumpkin bread recipe. I was going through all of my pumpkin recipes and one pumpkin bread that remained un-made was plain pumpkin bread. How crazy is that? Funny, you always want to change things up, stay away from the plain and make something that will stand out from the crowd. Well, this little pumpkin bread does just that! It may not have nuts or chocolate or cranberries, but one thing that it does have that will by-pass the others is flavor!!!
Not only does this bread have flavor it is so moist it melts in your mouth!! But one thing this bread does not contain is eggs. Yupper Doodles, no eggs! I thought I would try something new, well I didn’t plan this since I was out of eggs and I wanted pumpkin bread, I thought hey, I’ll give it a shot! It turned out perfect, way better than I could have imagined!!! The bread is a little heavy, but not chewy, not dry and certainly has pumpkin flavor busting out all over the place! So if you want pumpkin bread but are out of eggs, don’t fret give this recipe a try!!
Since I didn’t use eggs, I had to cut back on flour, because there wouldn’t be enough moister in the bread, therefore the bread does turn out a little flat on top, but that’s ok! If you wanted to add a vanilla or spice glaze over the top it will hold it’s place, since it won’t roll off the bread. Plus having less flour means less carbs and fewer calories. Ready for this? Each piece of bread has, are you sitting down? 66 calories! Yes, you read that correct, 66 calories! Now you can have like 3 slices and not feel bad!! I ate two while photographing this recipe.
- 1 Cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 Cup NuNaturals Presweet Tagatose or ¾ cup Sugar
- 1 Cup pumpkin, canned not pumpkin pie filling
- ½ Cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ Cup greek yogurt, plain
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. butter infused olive oil (or oil of your choice)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. ground cloves
- ¼ Tsp. pumpkin spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray 1 loaf pan or three mini loaf pans with cooking spray; set aside
- In a large bowl add flour, baking soda, and salt; mix and set aside.
- In a bowl, add sugar, pumpkin, applesauce, yogurt, vanilla extract and butter infused olive oil. Whisk until combined. Add cinnamon, ground cloves and pumpkin spice; mix well.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and fold together until combined. Do not over mix.
- Evenly divide batter into prepared mini loaf pans or pour into one large loaf pan.
- Bake mini loafs for 30 - 35 minutes, bake large loaf for 50 - 60 minutes. Insert a toothpick into center of bread, comes out clean, bread is done. Note: if the edges start to turn brown before bread is done, just lightly wrap a piece of aluminium foil around the edges.
- Let the bread cool for 5 minutes, then take loaves out and let them cool on a cooling rack.
Calories per slice using Granulated Sugar: 90, Fat: 1, Cholesterol: 0, Sodium: 163, Potassium: 4.5, Carbs: 18, Fiber: 2, Sugar: 11, Protein; 2
I am just so pleased on how well this bread turned out! It’s just perfect!! I love how low-calorie it is! If you are vegan, you could sub the yogurt for soy yogurt or I am betting coconut or almond milk will probably work well too!!! When making this recipe, I made three mini loafs, one for eating now and the two for later this week! Plus I have a recipe in mind with using my pumpkin bread, but that will come later! he he Just look at the bread, yummy!
Don’t tell anyone, but I drizzled some maple syrup on the bread and oh my gosh it tasted amazing!!!!!!!!! When is this pumpkin train going to end? Hopefully not for a long time!!
Have a great day everyone!