How are you today! I have another fun post for you today! It’s that time of the year and one of my favorite things to have is Apple Butter. I swear I stock up on it, make it, eat it, spoon it and purely enjoy it on so many things. I drive my family crazy with apple butter and pumpkin things. I don’t get sick of it ether. I just love it! Ahhh, now I know why I love Fall so much. But not only do I have two fun Fall recipes for you but I also have another giveaway. Wow, two days in a row of giveaways!! I must be feeling generous. That’s what happens when I have apple butter! But before I get to my giveaway, let me show you what I have made.
I made the ultimate Apple Butter Bread! The bread is moist, chock full of raisins and has the most wonderful apple flavor. It would be so perfect for popping in the toaster and topping with my homemade Maple Apple Butter Dip. Oh baby, pure apple heaven! I think I am obsessed!
The challenge I had faced was to take one of my classic recipes and change it up by using Musselman’s Apple Butter. For the bread I used my classic Apple Raisin Bread which is a family favorite and mine too! It is one bread that I truly love that I don’t make nearly enough. After making this recipe I forgot how much I just love this bread. The smell of it baking in the oven is simply amazing. The cinnamon and apple smell lingered in my house for hours. I had to control myself not to eat the whole loaf of bread. Lucky I made three mini loaves.
The bread is healthy, low calorie and is made with greek yogurt and Musslemans Apple Butter which made it ober moist. Is ober a word? It is now! 🙂 The loaf also turned out fat, fluffy a little heavy, but definitely not dense or chewy. It’s the perfect morning bread. Side it with some pumpkin spice coffee or a spicy tea and you have quite a nice breakfast if I do say so myself.
I paired my bread with a Maple and Apple Butter dip that I have been nibbling on all week. I took it to work to have my co-workers try it and they looked at the brown color and said no thanks, then I said aggressively, try it! They did and they loved it. The first day more than half the dip was gone and there were only four people in the office. The dip is made with cream cheese, greek yogurt, maple syrup, cinnamon and Musselmans Apple Butter. It is so darn good. I have been dipping crackers and apple slices in it all week. It makes for a nice healthy snack. You just have to try the dip. I promise you will love it!!! MAKE IT!!
- ½ cup greek yogurt, plain
- 1 cup apple butter (I used Musselman's Apple Butter)
- ½ cup granulated sugar or ¾ cup NuNaturals Presweet Tagatose
- ½ cup egg substitute or 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. butter infused olive oil or canola oil
- ½ tbsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray 1 large loaf pan or 3 mini loaf pans with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add yogurt, apple butter, sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla extract and cinnamon; mix until well blended.
- In a separate bowl add flour, baking powder, baking soda sand salt; mix together.
- Slowly incorporate the flour mixture into apple butter mixture; mix until combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold in raisins.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 9- x 5-inch loaf pan or 3 mini loafs.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour for 1 large loaf or 35 – 40 minutes for 3 mini loafs, or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean, shielding with aluminum foil after 50 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
For the Maple Apple Butter:
1 cup Musselmans Apple Butter,
4 oz cream cheese, fat free, room temeprature,
1/2 cup greek yogurt,
1 tsp. maple syrup,
1/4 tsp cinnamon
In a bowl, add all of your ingredients, and stir until completely combined. Refrigerate before serving.
Serve with crackers, apples or top on yogurt, oatmeal or pancakes. Serve as a side with pork. Makes 1¾ cups. Calories for 2 tbsp dip: 47, Fat: 0, Cholesterol: 1.9, Sodium: 49, Potassium: 11, Carbs: 10, Fiber: 0, Sugar: 7, Protein: 2
Calories for bread: 128, Fat: 0, Cholesterol: 0, Sodium: 200, Potassium: 58, Carbs: 34, Fiber: 2.3, Sugar: 9, Protein: 3.3
I didn’t realize until I received my Musselman’s Apple Butter that I get to do a giveaway! Yah! How fun! I just love, love, love Apple Butter and I am excited to give you a fun gift pack. There are so many things you can do with apple butter. You can marinated pork in it. Top it on oatmeal and yogurt. Spoon it over cream cheese and dip in crackers. Make cookies, bread and even whip it into cheesecake. Oh and it makes an awesome compliment to BBQ sauce. But I bet you will want to make my Maple and Apple Butter Dip with it because it is hecka good! Really it is! I know I’ll be making it again! But if these recipes don’t fancy you, you can check out Musslesmans new e-cookbook right here. It’s free and has some fabulous Apple Butter Recipes in it!! I already saw a few I plan on making very soon!!
Ready for the giveaway? This is what you get.
One winner will receive a complimentary gift package containing:
- Musselman’s Apple Butter
- Mini loaf pans
- Recipe cards
To win all you have to do is tell me, what would you make with Apple Butter?
For extra entries: Just be sure you tell me you did so
- Sign up for email/subscribe to Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Follow Peanut Butter and Peppers and or Mussleman’s on Twitter
- Tweet my giveaway: Win a Musselman’s Apple Butter Gift Pack at Peanut Butter and Peppers @JenatPBandP @Musselmansapple#applebutterspin http://www.peanutbutterandpeppers.com/?p=16051
- Follow Peanut Butter and Peppers and or Musselman’s on Facebook
- Follow me on Pintrest and Pin one of my recipes and tell me what one you pinned
Well my Friends, that’s it for me. I have another recipe to whip together for tomorrow and I am running out of time.
Have a super great day!!
I received Mussleman’s Apple Butter to try out in one of my recipes. All opinions are my own and I was not paid to say this. 🙂