I have been writing posts every single day for almost two years and I tell ya, I am running out of greetings. I need to start researching some new ones. I guess hello is as truthful and simple as it comes? Well on to today’s recipe. Do you like chocolate? Do you like bread? Do you not want to have a lot of calories? Do you have problems with family members eating vegetables? Well, if the answer is yes to any of these questions, then I have the bread for you. Here is my Lightened Up Chocolate Zucchini Bread.
This bread is amazing! It’s moist chocolaty oh so darn delicious, plus it’s low on calories too!! I had a bundle of zucchini to use and I just had to make zucchini bread. This recipe is sure to please, plus it’s the only way I can get my Husband to eat zucchini. He used to like it, but now he won’t touch it. Why? No clue? It’s so good and so versatile. I simply love this little green vegetable.
I thought I would share with you how I live my life in the kitchen on a daily basis. I have to say I am never alone. When I photograph pictures this is the scene on the floor. Notice my foot?
It’s hard taking pictures and he won’t budge! That is my boy Sammie, with his sister next to him. I couldn’t get a full shot of her. It was kind of hard to take the picture. By the way, I am in need of a pedicure!
- 4 eggs whites
- 4 pkts. stevia
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup greek yogurt, plain
- ¼ cup coconut or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⅔ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- ½ tsp. espresso powder, optional
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. coconut milk unsweetened from carton or milk
- 2 cups shredded, unpeeled zucchini, gently drained and patted dry
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray one bread loaf pan with cooking spray or 3 mini loaf pans
- In a bowl; add flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder,salt, baking soda, baking powder, mix until combined; set a side.
- In a bowl, whisk together egg whites, stevia, brown sugar, yogurt, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Pour flour mixture into egg mixture, and carefully mix until incorporated, do not over mix. If batter is thick, add 2 tbsp. milk. Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in oven for 50 - 60 minutes for large loaf or 30 - 35 minutes for mini loafs (my mini's were 30 minutes). Test bread with a tooth pick. If the toothpick comes out clean, the bread is done.
- Let bread cool in pan for 10 - 15 minutes; take loaf out of pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Well, I need to get ready. Little Jenny and I are heading to Menchies for some frozen yogurt. They have White Chocolate Raspberry and Devils Foodcake for only 45 calories a 1/2 cup. Talk about guilt-free, plus no sugar or fat. I don’t want to know what is in it, but all I know is I love it and can’t wait to get my hands on some! Yummy!!!!!!
Have a super wonderful day!
P.S. Please vote for my Peanut Butter and Jelly Tart. No registration required! You can vote everyday and have a chance to win up to $2000 in prizes. Thank you for your help and support. Just go here.