I have a recipe to help you get through that mid-week hump! This cookie are simply amazing!!!! So amazing that I only ate two, because my Husband took them ALL to work by mistake. He thought they were his weekly chocolate chip cookies. I get a text when I was at work and he said, hey Hun, the cookies you made are really good, but I think I may have taken the wrong ones. These taste like peanut butter! Ugh…. My facial expression changed, my heart sunk and I was stuck at work. I panicked and said yes your cookies are in the freezer. He said, sorry, but these are really good. All I thought was he probably only took like 5 or 6 cookies, so I skipped my workout to run home for cookies, only to find the bag was gone. THE WHOLE BAG!!!!!!!!! Gosh darn it he took them all. Now he and his Friends are eating MY cookies!! Then to top it off, I asked so did you eat all the cookies, he replied nope, I still left some on my tool box. What the heck! He had leftover cookies and didn’t even bring them back home. I was so sad!!! So sad!!! I would have made more but I didn’t have all the ingredients! 🙁 But they shall be made again!!
Lucky for me, the memories will last with the pictures I am posting. By the way these are Peanut Butter Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies! I got the recipe for these cookies from Michelle from Brown Eyed Baker. She posted them last week, and when I saw them, I knew I must have them in my belly!!! Big thank you to Michelle for giving me permission to share her recipe with you. These cookies are one of the best! Nothing beats salty pretzels and peanut butter, oh baby!!!
You know how I LOVE peanut butter and pretzels together from recipes like my Chocolate Pretzel Almond Chickapea Balls.
Or my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pretzel Balls….
And my Honey Roasted Pretzel Peanut Butter. Yum!!
Michelle’s cookies are soft, sweet, chocolaty and best of all peanut buttery! The pretzels added to the cookies give a nice texture plus a nice hint of saltiness. I did change-up Michelle’s recipe just a bit, only by exchanging the shortening for butter and adding only 1 cup of brown sugar instead of 1 1/4 cups, but the rest is the same. Because I didn’t use shortening in the cookies, my cookies are a bit more soft. Michelle said to roll the cookies, but my dough was pretty soft, so I just scooped it with my cookie scoop. I did ask my Husband how they held up and said great. For a man who doesn’t like peanut butter, he certainly loved these cookies! Darn him!!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup finely crushed pretzels
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cups light brown sugar
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons non-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line two baking sheets with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- Whisk together the flour, crushed pretzels, baking soda and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, peanut butter, butter, milk and vanilla extract. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Add the egg and beat just until blended. Reduce speed to low and add the flour mixture gradually, mixing just until combined. Using a rubber spatula, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a medium cookie scoop (or 2 tablespoons) to scoop dough and place on the baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes or until set and beginning to brown around the edges. Cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet before removing to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
I know these cookies are not my normally way healthy cookie that I normally make, but the stats are better than I thought they would be and it’s good to treat yourself every once in a while. Oh and I made these cookies pretty big too! I filled my cookie scoop to the rim with batter, you could always make them smaller.
I know you probably all know Michelle’s blog “Browned Eyed Baker”, but if you don’t, you should really check it out! Her recipes are all amazing and in case you didn’t know, I also made her Cherry Coke Cupcakes for Little Jenny’s birthday. They were a hit, but I wasn’t surprised.
Have a great day everyone!