Guess what? I’m at it again with my weird baking!! Yes, I am still out for a guilt-free cookie, and I am loving all my experiments I have have been creating, trying to make it. Well today I created a cookie, that is healthy, full of fiber and tastes like cookie dough. It’s crazy, off the wall, but it had to be done!!
These are my Beany Weany Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. I guess from the name, you kind of figure I made cookies using beans. I got the idea from my Peanut Butter Cookie Hummus. I took the hummus recipe and decided to bake it to see how it would go.
The cookie tastes just like a peanut butter cookie! Be warned though, this cookie is soft, tastes like raw cookie dough. What I like about this cookie besides the taste is that it is healthy, can be vegan if you use Sunspire Chips, and so guilt-free that you can eat a few and not feel bad. This is a great way to get your husband or kids to eat their beans!
For the chocolate I decided to use 1/2 a Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Bar, and chop it up. It gave it just enough sweetness. Plus dark chocolate is good for you. I originally planned on using chocolate chips, but went for the chopped bar instead. I’m really pleased with these cookies, and it certainly helps with the cookie kick, that I occasionally get on. Ok,that’s a lie, I’m always on a cookie kick!
- 2 15 oz can garbonzo/chickpeas, drained, rinsed, dried
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 pkts. stevia (1 tsp)
- 45 grams (4 squares) Ghirardelli dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat
- In a blender add all of your ingredients, except for the chocolate chips and process until smooth.
- Scoop the batter into a bowl and stir in chocolate chips
- Scoop about a tablespoon size of dough and place on prepared baking sheet. Do the same with the rest of the dough.
- Bake for 10 - 13 minutes or until slightly golden. Leave on baking sheet for two minutes and place on a baking rack to cool.
I took my batch of cookies and popped them in the freezer for easy storage and easy grabbing I recommend freezing or refrigerating the cookies, since they are soft. I have to tell you I love experimenting with different ingredients, and some things really shock me on how good they taste with random off the wall ingredients. My Husband still doesn’t know that my Chocolate Chip Blondies are made with beans. lol Do you ever experiment like that?
Have a great day!