Want to hear something weird? I was craving Brussels Sprouts! Who craves Brussels Sprouts? Apparently I do! On Sunday, my Husband wasn’t home and I was starving! After eating all of that horrible, but tasty food from being away last week, my body was really craving something nutritional and I really wanted some vegetables. So I pulled out my bag of Brussels Sprouts and decided to roast them up and have them for lunch!
Mmmm, Mmmm, Mmmm, Mmmmm good!! I made Roasted Brussels Sprouts once before and they didn’t turn out at all, I think I burned them, but I thought I would give the recipe one last try and finally it turned out perfect! I roasted these sprouts in olive oil, balsamic glaze and garlic. The flavors are so good together and what I like best are the sprouts don’t taste bitter at all. That is one thing that scares me about cooking Brussels Sprouts.
To prepare my sprouts, I cut off the stems, then cut them in half the long way. The leaves that fell off, I just tossed them because they will burn in the oven. My dog Sampson, loved the leaves that fell to the ground, as he gobbled them up. I’m afraid to be smelling what he will do later! My dog tends to fart a lot as it is, I can only imagine what Brussels Sprouts will do to him. Yes it’s kind of gross to talk about dog farts, but such is life and after all Brussels Sprouts can make some a little gassy!
- 1 lbs. brussels Sprouts, cut in half, yellow leaves removed
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. balsamic glaze, I used Trader Joe's
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper, ground
- Preheat oven to 400
- Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, garlic and balsamic glaze and pour over brussels sprouts and mix until all the sprouts are covered, I used my hands to do this part. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place on baking sheet and roast for 15 to 20 minutes, flipping half way through and cook until sprouts are fork tender.
For many, many years my Husband tried to get me to eat Brussels Sprouts, but I just didn’t like them. He would tell me to try his Green Giant, frozen sprouts with cheese and I thought yuck! Then one day I ventured out and decided to make them from scratch! I fell in love with them. Way better than frozen! I have a new love for my sprouts and I am finally gave them a 2nd and 3rd try. Do you like Brussels Sprouts? Or is there another vegetable that you never liked and now you do? Do share!
Have a great day!