Happy First Day of SPRING!!!!
Woohoo! So happy Spring is finally here!! As you can tell from the past couple of weeks, that I have been on a spring berry kick! I can’t get enough, so be prepared for lots of berry recipes! I just love these sweet little darlings!! So with berries in mind and berry picking coming closer and closer to us, I am going to share with you a light, healthy, quick and easy Strawberry and Avocado Salad with a no oil Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing.
This salad is simply amazing! It’s so full of flavor considering there isn’t very many ingredients. You have the sweet goodness of strawberries, creaminess from the avocado and goat cheese and a slight tang from the strawberry balsamic dressing. Oh and I can’t forget the little added pepper taste from the arugula It’s simply fantastic and would make for a wonderful light lunch salad.
The dressing is very easy to make too! It’s made with fresh strawberries, balsamic vinegar and a pinch of stevia. I processed it all in the food processor and to make it seedless I ran it through my sieve. I used the back of my spoon to push all of the yumminess through. I don’t mind the seeds or if it were to be a little chunky, but not everyone is like me, so for you I made it nice and smooth.
- ½ cup strawberries, roughly cut
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 dash stevia
- 4 cups spinach leaves,fresh
- 4 cups arugula
- ½ cup strawberries, sliced
- ⅓ cup avocado
- ⅓ cup blackberries
- ½ oz. goat cheese
- In a food processor or blender, add all of your dressing ingredients. Process until well blended. If dressing is chunky, place a sieve over a small bowl and pour dressing into the sieve. With a back of a spoon, push the strawberries through. Be sure to scrap the strawberry drippings from the backside of the sieve. Set aside.
- In a bowl add all of you salad ingredients, toss with dressing and divide between two plates.
I have to tell you I love this salad. I had it for dinner the other night and it was perfectly filling. I think it’s going to be the rest of this weeks lunch salads. If you wanted it to be your main dish, you could always toss in some grilled chicken. That would be a fabulous addition to this salad. Yum!!! Oh and since Easter is right around the corner, this would make a great salad to serve to your family or guests, or heck, just make it for yourself, like I did! 🙂
Well my Friends, time to celebrate the first day of Spring! Yah!! I am off to make another berry recipe!!!
Have a wonderful day!!!!!!