The weekend is over and it’s back to routine. Next Holiday off isn’t until Good Friday, well I have tomorrow off but not for pleasure, I’m getting my physical. Doesn’t sound bad, but I have to fast, which makes me miserable, plus a girly appointment and a mammogram. Not looking forward to the mammogram! I never had one, and I am not going to want my girls squeezed! The joys of being a woman! I know, why am I bringing that up here? Well it’s life and that’s what my blogs about! But let’s get to something good!!!
Today is another installment of the Secret Recipe Club!! My assignment was to find a recipe from Miz Helen’t Country Cottage blog and share it with you! It was hard to find a dish because they all looked so tasty, but as soon as I saw her Grilled Chipotle Chicken with Chipotle Cream Sauce, I couldn’t wait to try it! You know how I like it spicy and this dish was spicy. Well spicy in a good way! My theory is, if your nose doesn’t run, then it’s not hot enough! lol I may have added a pinch too much chipotle powder but I loved it! LOVED it!!! It was so darn good!!!
The chicken was grilled and had the best rub on it. It’s made with chipotle powder, garlic, salt and pepper! Man, I loved it! Ok, I said that a bunch of times, but I did love it! The chicken was moist and tender and no need for a knife! I rubbed the rub all over the chicken and let it marinate per Miz Helen’s instructions and I couldn’t ask for a better chicken. Plus the rub, gave it a nice crunch on top!
To serve the chicken you must have the Chipotle Cream Sauce which is basically the rub with lime juice and plain yogurt! Dam that sauce was good! I made it thick, because I like it that way! I served my dinner with roasted sweet potatoes, onions and fennel and I was dipping it in the sauce! I left one of the chickens plain because my Husband isn’t a chipotle fan! For a man who loves hot chicken wings, he doesn’t like chipotle flavor! Crazy!! But he did like the chicken!!
- 1 lbs. skinless boneless chicken breast
- The Rub
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- ¾ teaspoon Chipotle Chili Pepper Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- Mix all the seasons together
- The Chipotle Cream Sauce
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- ¼ cup Lime Juice
- ½ teaspoon Chipotle Chile Powder
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- In a bowl, mix all of your seasonings for the rub. Rub the seasonings all over the Chicken Breast on both sides.
- Set the Chicken aside in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before grilling.
- Cook chicken on grill the until the internal temperature reaches 165 to 175 degrees.
- Remove the Chicken from the grill and cover, let it set for 10 to 15 minutes before serving to allow the juices to set.
- Mix all the ingredients for the chipotle cream sauce. Add more Lime Juice for desired consistency.
- Chill for 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve sauce over chicken.
Like my dinner? So darn good! I guess you can tell I am a little excited about it!! You should totally check out Miz Helen’t Country Cottage!! I am glad I found a new blog to follow with such delicious recipes!
Have a great week everyone and be sure to check out the other recipes from the Secret Recipe Club!