Hey, hey, hey!!
Is there a birthday in the house? Nope, not in mine, but maybe in yours? Well today I have a fun new nut butter that is sure reason to celebrate! It’s creamy, sweet and tastes like cake batter, bring it on Baby!!!
One thing I just love are sprinkles and cake! I don’t make cake nearly enough, maybe once or twice a year, but Cashew Cake Batter, now this is a nut butter that goes in my monthly rotation. I don’t know what it is about cashews, but they are so sweet and creamy and add a few ingredients like vanilla and almond extract and you have a recipe for cake batter.
What it is about cake batter? Why can’t you resist dipping your fingers into the batter? I don’t care if there are eggs or not in it, I must taste it. I swear, I think I like the batter better than the cake!! So to keep my fingers out of the cake batter, I had to make cake batter cashew nut butter!! It’s a perfect replication and it’s far healthier for you than cake!! Well, unless you eat a whole jar of it in one sitting. Not saying that I would do that, shhhhh, I don’t and if I do, please don’t judge me!!
This nut butter is pretty easy to make to. If you have a food processor and about 15 minutes, you too can have Birthday Cake Cashew Nut Butter. The process for make cashew butter is the same as peanut butter and if you haven’t made home-made peanut butter you are missing out. Once you go homemade, you will never by jarred again! I’m not kidding about that!! Trust me on this one!!
To make, just add 2 cups of raw cashews into a food processor and process until smooth. You will have to scrape the sides of the food processor a few times. Once the ball forms I added salt, vanilla and almond extract and turbinado or brown sugar. Process until creamy. Once it cools, mix in your sprinkles. Place in a jar and your set! I honestly make this, just for a spoonful here and there. For some reason I don’t use it in recipes or on a sandwich, I just like to eat it as is! It really satisfies the sweet tooth!! The problem is sticking to one spoonful!! But we already discussed that today, so we won’t go there!
- 2 cup raw cashews
- ¼ tsp. sea salt (if using salted nuts, omit the salt)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. almond extract
- 2 tsp. turbinado sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tsp. sprinkles
- Add Cashews to food processor
- Process until butter smooth. You will need to scrape down the bowl a few times until it is creamy smooth
- Once smooth, add in salt, vanilla extract, almond extract and sugar
- Process again until smooth, scraping the bowl as needed
- Place in a cashew butter in a bowl, until room temperature. Than stir in sprinkles. Place a sealed cover over bowl
- I store my nut butter in the cupboard for 1-2 weeks. If I don’t use it up by then (ha ha), I’ll move it to the fridge.
Here are a few of my favorite cashew nut butter recipes.
Well my Friends, I’m off! Have a great week!!
P.S. What is your favorite Nut Butter?