Happy Monday! Well back to it now that Thanksgiving is over. Now its holiday time! I love this time of year with Christmas decorations, holiday foods and treats, fresh Christmas trees, Christmas parties, shopping and giveaways! Yupper Doodles I have a giveaway today! But first let me show you my Sugar Plum Chocolate Cake Bites.
How cute are these little Guys? There a perfect combination of white chocolate cake, with swirled in Sugar Plum Jam from Stonewall Kitchen. My intentions for these cakes didn’t come out as planned. As I was melting the white chocolate and butter on the stove top, I went to grab my brownie pan, and guess what? No pan to be found. I panicked because as I was digging, I was also melting chocolate and butter on the stove and I didn’t want it to burn. So what was I to do? I already started my dessert and there was no stopping now. So when all else fails I grabbed my bread pan. It worked out like a charm. Instead of white chocolate brownies I ended up with white chocolate cake, even better! Check out how cool it looks from the pan.
These cake bites turned out light, fluffy and each piece is coated with a the sweet Sugar Plum Jam. I couldn’t be more happy with this recipe! Funny when things turn out better than planned.
These cakes are super easy to make. I melted butter and white baking chocolate in a pan. Added sugar, eggs, vanilla and flour and mixed it all together. Poured it into my prepared pan and then swirled in the most tasty jam into it! The jam really makes this cake!! Baked it for 30 minutes and fa la, it’s done!
These cakes would be perfect served at your next holiday party or simply to pack in your lunch. You can cut them into bites like I did or you can cut them into 16 slices and make like a brownie. No matter how you do it, they will be perfect. Oh for an added touch I dusted on a little bit of powdered sugar to give it a dainty look. But these cakes are not dainty they are pretty sturdy, yet very light to eat! I love that! I don’t like when you make things and there so delicate they fall apart!!
I was pretty happy when I received my little gift package from Stonewall Kitchen. I have been a fan of their products for years. I love there jams, I always keep a stock of it in my cupboards and they have like a bazillion flavors to choose from. You know how I like my condiments, as you can tell from last weeks post on my Jamming Away Day. In my package I received one jar of Sugar Plum Jam and their Holiday Jam. The Sugar Plum Jam is made of plums and has just a touch of orange, oh boy is it good! The Holiday Jam is amazing with cream cheese and crackers. It’s made with pears, cranberries and raspberries. All my favorites!! These are truly a wonderful seasonal jam that will add a little charm to you holidays, whether you make my little cake bites like mine, spread on cream cheese and crackers or make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! The possibilities are endless when it comes to jam!
- ½ cup butter
- 2 oz. white baking chocolate
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 eggs or egg substitute
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- ⅓ cup Stonewall Sugar Plum Jam
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar (optional)
- In a medium sauce pan add butter and white chocolate, over low heat, stir until butter and chocolate are melted. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a 8 x 8 brownie pan or loaf pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray; set aside
- Once chocolate mixture is cooled, with a wooden spoon, stir in sugar, mix until combined. Beat in 1 egg at a time and then add vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt, mix until just combined, do not over mix. Pour into prepared pan.
- Drop a few dollops of jam into batter, (if jam is to thick, slightly heat in the microwave for about 10 seconds) and swirl with a butter knife.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 - 35 minutes, until cake is set and when you insert a toothpick it comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in pan. Carefully lift the cake out of the pan and cut into 16 slices. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
See the little package in the middle? Stonewall Kitchen was nice enough to send it to me to giveaway to you, so you can make a wonderful holiday recipe!!
What you get is: The Holiday Jam Collection which contains one 12.5 oz jar of Holiday Jam and one 12.5 oz jar of Sugar Plum Jam which is all sealed up and packed beautifully.
To win all you have to do is answer this question: what would you make with the jam?
For extra entries: Just be sure you tell me you did so
- Sign up for email/subscribe to Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Follow me on Twitter
@JenatPBandP and or @StonewallKitchen
- Tweet my giveaway: Win The Holiday Jam Collection from Stonewall Kitchen at Peanut Butter and Peppers http://wp.me/p2aEXh-2fH @JenatPBandP @StonewallKitchen
- Follow Peanut Butter and Peppers on Facebook and or Stonewall Kitchen
- Follow me on Pintrest and or Stonewall Kitchen
- Pin one of my recipes
I will pick the winner through random.org, on Thursday evening and announce the winner on Friday’s post.
Have a great week!!