I already wrote my post for today yesterday, but after making Thursday nights dessert, I couldn’t wait till Saturday to share it with you! After all it’s rich, creamy and oh so chocolaty and I mean chocolaty! With that description, how could I not share it with you right away? Let me introduce you to my newest cheesecake.
Let me tell you I even impressed myself with this treat!! Not only is this treat so dam, yes I’m swearing, dam good, it’s only, get this, it’s only 101 calories!! I haven’t a clue on how I managed this, no clue at all. But I triple checked the stats and they are correct!!! How can something that tastes like a combination of chocolate mousse meets cheesecake and be only 101 calories? Don’t question it, just make it and eat it!!!
I used a combination of Ghiradelli Intense Dark Chocolate 72% Cacao, and Trader Joe’s Milk Chocolate Pounder Bar. I was hoping to make the chocolate darker in color and put a spider web design on it, but I tried it with one of the cheesecakes and I didn’t do a good job of decorating it! So, to make it pretty, I topped it with whip cream and a wedge of dark chocolate I think whip cream and more chocolate complimented it very nicely, if I do say so myself.
These cheesecakes are pretty quick and easy to make too! They would be perfect served at a Halloween party or with a side of strawberries for a romantic evening! Or you can celebrate you and have one or two! To make them, I mixed cream cheese, stevia, egg, vanilla and plain yogurt together, then beat in the melted chocolate. Then I placed the batter in a muffin cup with a reduced fat vanilla wafer, bake for 20 minutes and they are done! The only problem is, waiting for them to cool! These guys were refrigerated for 4 hours and I couldn’t wait for them to be done!! You don’t even know how bad I wanted to eat one!!!
- 8 oz fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tsp. stevia or ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, at room temperature or egg substitute
- ⅓ cup greek yogurt, non-fat plain
- pinch of salt
- 9 reduced fat vanilla wafers
- 1.8 oz dark chocolate, melted
- 1.3 oz milk chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 275F
- Line a standard muffin tin with 9 muffin liners and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl add cream cheese and sugar and beat until creamy. Add vanilla extract, egg and salt beat until combined. Beat in yogurt and melted chocolate.
- Place a vanilla wafer on the bottom of each muffin liner and top with cheesecake batter.
- Spoon batter evenly among the muffin cups. Bake, rotating pans halfway through, until filling is set, 22-24 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or up to overnight, before serving.
Calories per cheesecake: 101.2, Fat: 4.1, Cholesterol: 5.1, Sodium: 164, Potassium: 37.4, Carbs: 10.3, Fiber: .07, Sugar: 6.4, Protein: 5.7
Now can you see why I couldn’t wait to share this recipe with you? I was so excited! I wonder if there will be leftovers to take to work tomorrow. My Friend told me she missed my cheesecakes, so for the Halloween Season I had to make her a chocolate one! I better hide it in the fridge so my Husband and Little Jenny don’t eat them all!
I think this is a great way to start the weekend!!! So you must make these!!! You simply must! Trust me if you like cheesecake and chocolate mousse, you will LOVE these mini cheesecakes!!
Have a great weekend!