Today is going to be a short post, it was just one of those Monday’s, nothing seemed to go right. I didn’t get a chance to make a detailed dinner, but I did make one of my favorite quick dishes, the Chicken Fajita Quesadilla.
This meal is quick, low-calorie and loaded with lots of flavor. The Chicken Faijtas is one of my favorite type of burritos. However, if you throw onions and peppers on anything and I’m all over it. I used a FlatOut Bread to make my quesadilla, but you can always use a flour tortilla.
This meal probably takes about 10 minutes to make. I sauted my onions and peppers in a skillet for about 5 minutes, then added it to my FlatOut Bread. Then I added the chicken and cheese, yum, yum. Place the quesadilla right back in the skillet to cook for about 2 minutes per side. If you don’t have already cooked chicken, you can add uncooked chicken to the skillet with the peppers and onions, and cook until no longer pink. Such an easy meal.
I served my quesadilla with greek yogurt and salsa. Oh, you don’t see it here but I also added hot sauce. Quesadilla’s are so ingredient friendly, you can add any of your favorite goodies to it. Just be careful not to make it to fat, otherwise all the yumminess will flow out the sides. Though I don’t see anything wrong with that!!
- 5 strips bell pepper, thinly sliced about ¼ cup
- ¼ cup onion, thinly sliced
- 2 oz chicken, cooked, thinly sliced
- ½ oz mexican cheese, shredded
- 1 Flat Out Bread or Tortilla Shell
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray. Add onions and peppers and cook until soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add onions, peppers, chicken and cheese onto half of Flat Out Bread or Tortilla, fold over.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray, Add tortilla to skillet and cook until light golden, flip and cook other side until lightly golden and cheese is melted, about 2 minutes per side.
- Serve with plain greek yogurt and salsa
Well that’s it for today!! Time for me to get going. Sorry it’s so short today, but time has gotten away from me and I have so much to do.
Have a great day!