How is you summer so far? I can’t get over how quick it’s going. Living in Northern California I can’t believe the odd weather were having. Last Saturday it actually rained, which is very odd and random. I keep hearing how everyone has had such a hot summer and it feels like we haven’t had much of a summer at all. It must be a global thing? I am just hoping for a nice warm fall.
I’ve been doing pretty good at not grocery shopping and just using what I have on hand, that’s how I created today’s recipe. I looked in the cupboard and I saw one lonely, over ripped banana, check the fridge and I saw wonton wrappers and thought ohhh, Nutella and Banana Wontons.
I’m still damming Europe for introducing me to Nutella! This stuff is like a creamy chocolate heaven. I can’t get enough of it! I put it in my yogurt, oatmeal, ice cream and don’t tell anyone but I have even taken a couple of spoonfuls. What is with the stuff? I just love it and I am officially and addicted Nutella fan!
This little snack is pretty easy to make and only takes about 11 minutes to bake it! I took my lonely banana and 1 tablespoon of Nutella mixed it together, placed inside a 3 1/2″ Wonton Wrapper, folded into a triangle, squirted some butter on it topped, sprinkle with sugar and then these little babies were born.
I really like using Wonton Wrappers. There so easy and you can fill them with any kind of filling you like. You can bake them or boil them. I think I really like them because there so versatile. This was my first dessert I have made with them. In the past I made Buffalo Chicken Wing Wontons, Taco Wontons and Crab Wontons. Anything I have made with Wontons is a huge family hit.
I served the Nutella Banana Wontons with a side of whip cream just for a little added sweetness. These kind of remind me of miniature pies. There crispy around the edges and soft and gooey in the middle. I will tell you if you make these, you really need to eat them when they come out of the oven. When they sit to long the middle sinks and they lose there pizzazz. Goes the same for any Wonton recipe I have made. But hey, I don’t really think that is a problem, because having treats like this, they go fast!
- 1 small banana, ripe, mashed
- 1 Tbsp. Nutella
- 13 wonton wrappers
- ½ tsp. sugar
- spray butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a tiny bowl, add some water. This is for sealing the edges of your wontons.
- In a small bowl add your banana and nutella; combined until smooth.
- Take heaping 1 tsp of banana mixture and place in the middle of your wonton wrapper. Take your finger and dip in water and place along the edges of the wrapper (this will be the glue to seal the wrappers together). Fold wrapper over into triangle place on baking sheet. Do the same for the rest of the wrappers.
- Spray each wonton with about two sprays of butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in over for 11-15 minutes, until lightly brown.
Do you ever use Wonton Wrappers? If so, what kind of goodies do you make? I know after creating this little dessert, I will most definitely be making more!!!
Have a great weekend!