Hi Everyone and Happy Tuesday!
Today I have for you my S’more Pancake Popover Wannabe’s. I tried to make S’more Popovers, but I ended up with a wonderful popover that doesn’t taste quite like s’mores, but they turned out so good, even better than I expected! My family loved them, they gobbled these little good for you breakfast pancakes up in a matter of minutes!
These popovers never sunk in the middle so there more like pancake muffins, but either case, they are healthy, filling and good. These would be wonderful to give to kids. They would love the mini marshmallows on them. I bought Jet Puffed Mallow Bites, they taste like Lucky Charms! I have to hide them from myself so I don’t eat them plain. I loved Lucky Charms as a kid! They were my favorite cereal, and yes I’m guilty of just eating the marshmallows and leaving the rest behind. The other pieces always looked like Meow Mix to me!
For the graham cracker sprinkled on top, I used Kashi’s Heart to Heart Toasted Honey Oat Cereal. I meant to buy the Cinnamon version of the cereal, but the honey worked out nicely. What’s great about these pancakes, umm, muffins are that they are healthy and low in calories. Three of these popovers come in at 139.9 calories for three of them. Not to shabby! You can’t say that about a regular muffin.
These are light, fluffy, chocolaty and you get little bites of marshmallow which is a plus!! It seems lately I have been on a chocolate kick. But hey I’m not going to complain about that! 🙂 I really think if you like chocolate muffins you will love these popovers!
One of the best parts besides the taste is there’s hardly any mess and no standing over the stove, flipping the pancakes. You just blend, and pour into a muffin tin and in 11 minutes there all done!! Ready to eat!! By the way since these are pancakes are so sweet and flavorful, no maple syrup is needed. Hey no extra calories! Woohoo!!
- ½ Cup Greek Yogurt, plain or Vanilla Flavored
- 2 egg Whites
- ½ tsp. Vanilla Extract (omit if using vanilla yogurt)
- ⅓ Cup White Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ½ tsp. Baking Soda
- ½ tsp. Stevia or 1 tsp. Sugar
- ⅛ tsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Kashi Heart to Heart honey toasted cereal
- 2 Tbsp. Jet Puffed Mini Marshmallow Bites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Place the Kashi Cereal in a sandwich baggie and crush with a rolling pin until crumbs; set a side.
- In a blender add greek yogurt, egg whites, vanilla extract, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, sugar and salt. Process until smooth.
- Pour pancake batter in the muffin pan and evenly sprinkle mini marshmallows over batter. Top with 1 Tbsp Kashi cereal.
- Cook for about 11 - 15 minutes until pancakes is slightly puffed and set.
For a little extra umph to the popovers, I took 1 teaspoon of chocolate syrup and 1 teaspoon of milk and drizzled over the top of the popovers for a little more chocolate fun. Of course a pancakes, popover or drinks aren’t the same without whip cream. I really like the fat free Redi Whip. Only 5 calories per 2 tablespoons.
I hope you like my S’more Pancake Popover Wannabe’s. I know my family does and requested I make them again! So no they don’t taste like s’mores but there so good, you won’t even care! 😉
Have a wonderful day!!!