Today I have another one of my crazy coffee concoctions for you! This came from a reader who suggested I come up with a skinny version of the Starbucks Mocha Cookie Crumble. I did the best I could and I will say it is hella good!!!
When I was looking for ingredients for this coffee, I saw Oreo Mint Cookies and thought that the wafer part, not the filling, would be perfect in my new Frappe. So in making this I scraped out the cream filling and added two wafer cookies to the coffee. Mmmm! This drink has just a small kick of mint to it! It’s perfect!! Almost tastes like a chocolate milkshake! I love it!
If you’re not into mint, you could use a regular chocolate wafer cookie or a regular Oreo. I surprised my Husband and gave him a drink. He doesn’t like Frappuccino’s, He doesn’t believe that coffee should be cold. Let me tell you he was glad to take this coffee. He took it, asked for whip cream and out the door he went. I said wait! How do you like it, it’s really good honey! Wow, I got a honey out of him! That means he must have loved it!!
For the topping I just added Redi Whip 5 calorie whip cream, and cookie crumbs. I used my mini food processor to process the cookie wafer into a crumb. That is optional, but it makes it pretty and it tastes good to!! I didn’t include that into my calorie count. Oh and speaking of calorie count, mine will not be exact. See, Oreo’s with out the stuffing is 25 calorie for each wafer. I do not know that the rest of the stats will be, but the calorie will be right on. Speaking of calories, ready for my comparisons?
Starbucks Mocha Cookie Crumble, Non-fat Milk, no whip cream Grande Size: 320, Fat: 4, Sodium: 240, Carbs: 72, Fiber: 2, Sugar: 66, Protein: 5
My Mocha Mint Cookie Frappe: 103, Fat: .01, Sodium: 65, Carbs: 6.9, Fiber: .02, Sugar: 6.5, Protein: 4.1
Ha ha! I love it!! Look at the calories, carbs and sugar! Crazy!! really, what do they put in there’s? Now you can make this at home guilt free!!
- 1 heaping teaspoon instant coffee
- 1½ cups water
- ½ cup skim milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 packet stevia or 1 tbsp. sugar (to taste)
- 2 oreo wafer cookies without the filling (1 cookie)
- ¼ tsp Xanthan Gum (optional)
- Optional Toppings:
- Whip cream
- cookie crumbles
- In a cup mix coffee and water and stir until combined. Place in a shallow container, cover and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- Let the frozen coffee thaw a little if your blender doesn't chop ice well.
- In a blender add coffee, milk, cocoa powder, vanilla, cookies and stevia. Blend until combined.
- Add Whip Cream and Cookie Crumbles
Calories: 103, Fat: .01, Sodium: 65, Carbs: 6.9, Fiber: .02, Sugar: 6.5, Protein: 4.1
Your probably wondering about the giveaway? I thought I would help you to make your Frappes at home! You will just need to add a few of your own ingredients. So I put together a little gift pack for you and one of the items is hard to find! But first you’ll be able to make these!
Now for the giveaway!
Your going to get the following:
- 3.5 oz. Trader Joe’s Instant Coffee
- 4 oz. Trader Joe’s Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 oz. Caramel Extract
- 9 oz Trader Joe’s Cocoa Powder
- 5 packets of NuNaturals Stevia
Here’s a picture of some of the ingredients, but not all of them.
What you have to do, is answer this question. If you could have one of these drinks I just posted, which one would you take?
For additional chances to win, just be sure to leave separate comments and tell me you did so.
- Sign up for email/subscribe to Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Follow me on Twitter
- Tweet my giveaway: Win Coffee Lovers Gift pack at Peanut Butter and Peppers@JenatPBandP,
- Follow my boards on Pinterest
- Pin any one of my recipes on Pinterest
- Grab my button and place anywhere on your blog
I’ll pick a winner when I get back and announce it on Tuesday, July 17th.
(confirmed) Author: Suzanne H
I just subscribed to your site!