Yah it’s Friday! Any plans for the big Father’s Day weekend? I asked my Husband what he wanted to do and he hasn’t a clue. We will probably just hang out at home since it’s suppose to be 100 here! Eck!! I wish he liked breakfast, because than I would take him to my favorite restaurant for a wonderful breakfast, but after all it’s Father’s Day and not Jennifer Day! 🙂 I’ll probably end up making him a big fat steak for his dinner, since he loves his meat and maybe if he’s super nice to me I’ll make potato salad, but we shall see.
Now you know I couldn’t go a week without giving you one of my favorite breakfast treats. I figured I’d wait till Friday to show you since you could make them over the weekend.
These are my Strawberry Coconut Pancakes. Don’t they look delectable? I am loving the Strawberry Quick jam I put on them. It goes so perfect with these pancakes. There so sweet and just dam good!! Now if you haven’t made my Strawberry Quick Jam you are missing out!!! If you’re a strawberry fan, you must make it, I promise you will love it. It tastes like the filling of a strawberry shortcake. Sweet and delish!
The best way I can describe these pancakes are light, chock full of fresh strawberries and has light hint of coconut. I used coconut extract and coconut sugar in this batch of pancakes. Have you tried coconut sugar? I found some at my grocery store and oh my gosh does it taste like sweet coconut. Same calories as regular sugar, which is 15 calories a tsp. Next time you’re at the store you must look for it! I found it in the health food section of the grocery store.
For the topping and between each pancake I used Chobani Plain Greek Yogurt and I added a little coconut extract. Chobani if you see this, you should really make coconut greek yogurt! That would be so good!! Ohh and mixed in with your Pineapple, yum!!!
I made these pancakes using my Spelt Pancake mix that my Foodie Penpal (Thank you Kristin) got me a couple of months ago. I love the Spelt Pancakes. They don’t taste any different and spelt flour is a little healthier than whole wheat flour. If you do not have spelt pancake mix, I am giving you the alternative mixture to use in the note section of the recipe, so you can make these too!!
- ⅓-cup 0% Greek Yogurt
- 2 egg whites
- ½ tsp coconut extract
- ⅓ cup Spelt Pancake Mix or see notes for from scratch pancakes
- ½ tsp. coconut sugar or regular sugar
- ½ cup strawberries, fresh, diced
- ½ cup strawberries, cut up or ¼ cup. strawberry quick jam
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- ¼ tsp. coconut extract
- Mix Greek Yogurt, Egg Whites, and Coconut Extract into a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine Pancake Mix and sugar ( or Flour, Baking Soda, & Salt see notes for ingredients)
- Combine and whisk till evenly mixed
- Fold in ½ cup strawberries
- Place ¼-cup batter onto non-stick skillet and cook till bubbles start appearing through the top of the pancake and then flip.
- **For topping**
- Add ½ cup strawberries in the microwave and cook for about 15 seconds, mash with a fork, and cook for another 15 seconds until soft.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, add ¼ cup greek yogurt with coconut extract. Mix until combined.
- Top pancakes with greek yogurt and top with warmed strawberries.
Calorie per 3 pancakes with toppings: 167.2, Fat: 1.2, Cholesterol: 0, Sodium: 99, Potassium: 229.4, Carbs: 23.6, Fiber: 6.5, Sugar: 4, Protein: 16.1
I happy to report after month of pure laziness, meaning no exercise, I finally did some strength training today. All I can say is, it hurt! I can’t believe how hard it was to do since I stopped. I feel good that I did it and I plan on doing it again on Saturday morning. I thought to myself with summer here, I better get my butt in gear!!! As the Nike commercial says, you just need to do it!
Well thats it for me! But before I go, I have a question for you. What kind of pancakes would you like me to make next? You know Sunday is my pancake making day and I am always looking for new ideas.
I hope you have a great weekend!!!