Hi Everyone and Happy Monday!
Today I’m heading up to Lake Tahoe with the girls from work. Every year our East Coast and West Coast office gets together and we harmonize all of our processes. I look forward to this because I love the girls on the East Coast, there like family to me.
Over the weekend I made some goodies for my Husband so he wouldn’t go starving. I wouldn’t want that to happen or even worse he might just eat hot dogs and his new favorite find, Trader Joe’s Carmalized Bacon Dip. He eats the whole container in one sitting. I don’t know how he does that? So I made him his favorite M&M’s Chocolate Chip Cookies to for his lunches and I also made him some Strawberry Yogurt Bread for his breakfast.
This bread is amazing! It’s so moist and full of fresh strawberries. I just simple love it and I hope he will too!! It’s perfect for the spring season. I can see munching on this bread while having a cup of tea, while gossiping.
This bread is just exploding with strawberries. Since the strawberries are so sweet, there wasn’t a need for a lot of sugar. I only used a half a cup. I love when I can make a healthy, low calorie treat that is guilt free.
I made three mini loaves, so it’s easier to freeze and he can just grab a loaf and take it to work. He likes to share his baked goods with his friends. You can certainly make one large loaf, but you know me, I like the mini’s! 🙂
The bread baking smelled amazing! I have to say out of all my quick breads I have made this is probably pretty close to my favorite. It’s light, moist, sweet and full if my favorite fruit. I told you I would be posting a lot of strawberry recipes. I hope you like strawberries. if you don’t you could always sub a different fruit in this recipe.
- 1 Cup Greek Non Fat Plain Yogurt
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs or egg substitute
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 Cup of Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 Cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 Cup strawberries, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Turbinado Sugar or Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a medium bowl, mix yogurt,sugar, eggs and vanilla extract until blended.
- In a separate bowl add flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix together.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and slowly incorporate the yogurt mixture, becareful not to over mix.
- Fold in strawberries
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 9- x 5-inch loaf pan or 3 mini loafs. The batter will be thick.
- Sprinkle with Turbinado sugar topping
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour for 1 large loaf or 30 – 35 minutes for 3 mini loafs, or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean, shielding with aluminum foil after 50 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
I’m trying to write all my posts for the week which is hard, but I want to be sure to give you a delicious healthy recipe! I’ll try to write some updates while on the road.
Have a great day!
P.S. Husband told me he LOVED the bread! I’m shocked because there’s yogurt in it and he hates yogurt. lol I didn’t tell him! That will be our secret!