NOTE: I thought this recipe contained no flour, but the Speculoos contains wheat flour, so this is not gluten free
Hello my Sweet Cookie Butter Darlings,
How are you on the glorious Saturday? I’m going to get right down to it! I have some good news and some bad news. First the good news, I made this.
The bad news is, I finished this. Sorry!
Sorry, I ate your Cookie Butter, so I guess the winner of my giveaway is me! Ha ha!!! Just kidding, I would never do that to you!! Lucky for me I have back up Cookie Butter!! I could never just have one jar on hand and I would never take your jar, unless you said I could.
When I was coming up for a recipe to use the Speculoos Cookie Butter, I wanted to create something that has a full blown Cookie Butter flavor. I originally thought of making cupcakes or little ball cookies, or a dip, but I really just wanted a traditional cookie. So I decided on making Flourless Cookies that do not require a lot of work or ingredients and had to contain a big, fat cup of Cookie Butter! Yum!
Than the perfect cookie was born! They are crispy and chewy! I love that in a cookie!! The flavor of the Speculoos is amazing! You get a lot of flavor in this cookie. If you like the Speculoos Cookie flavor than this cookie is for you!! If you can’t get Speculoos Cookie Butter or maybe, I don’t know how, but maybe you don’t like the flavor, than you could sub peanut butter for the Cookie Butter. I plan on making this same recipe using one of my homemade nut butters. I bet it will be good!!
I told my Husband that I made cookies and to try one. He looked at them and said oh there peanut butter, you know in that disappointed tone. First thought than ran through my head is, what’s wrong with peanut butter? I think he is just jealous because he knows I have a secret love for peanut butter. But I told him, uh uh, just try one. He did, and then he ate another. Than he asked, “Can I take these to work with me tomorrow?” I guess the man likes Speculoos Cookie Butter. Hmmm, I’m surprised. So I packed up a bag for him to take to work! Than I froze the other bag. I can’t let him take all of my goodies!! Hope he doesn’t find the other bag.
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Speculoos Cookie Butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In a medium bowl, using a spoon, mix all ingredients until just blended.
- Take about a tablespoon of dough and roll into ball, place onto a parchment lined baking sheet and press a crisscross pattern into each drop with a fork.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until light golden. Cool before removing from baking sheet.
I wanted to thank Erin from Big Fat Baker! She gave me the Versatile Blogger Award! he he I am so honored!!!
My duties for this award is to tell you 7 things about myself and to pass the award on to 15 other new or newly discovered bloggers.
7 Things you may not know about PB&P
1. I always cut my meat before I eat it! People think it’s strange.
2. I have gone fishing and caught a 4.5′ Muskie and had my picture in InFisherman Magazine.
3. I was always a cat person, until my boyfriend (Husband now) begged for me to get a dog. I don’t know how I have gone through my life without having dogs. There my babies!
4. I used to be a shuttle driver for an Oldsmobile Dealership. It was my first full-time job and I worked there for years.
5. I also worked in the Buffalo Airport, selling hot dogs and newspapers
6. I’m 5’11 and I am horrible at basketball
7. I used to hate Peanut Butter until I went to Whole Foods and got some fresh PB from their machine! Now I am addicted and can’t believe I have gone so long without it!!
8. I’m telling you one extra because of the picture below, I am naturally a brunette. But shhhhh, don’t tell anyone! lol 🙂
15 New Recipients (In no particular order)
10. Crumbs and Chaos
14. A Momma’s World
I honestly thought it would be hard to find 15 blogs, but when I went through all the ones I love, I had about 50 or more! It was hard for me to narrow it down. I think everyone deserves an award and I also think everyone’s blogs are wonderful. I love them because they show everyone’s individuality.
Thank you Big Fat Baker for giving this to me!! I saw a few on your list that I would have chosen too, but I wanted to get the award out to some newbies too!!
Now don’t forget to enter my Trader Joe’s giveaway!! I will be picking a winner on Sunday afternoon, so the goodies can ship out first thing Monday!!!
Have a great day!!!