Ok, want to talk cute? Look at these.
There like little Candy Corn Buttons! I love them!!!
I made two batches of these Cutties! One Chocolate and one plain! There tiny but ohhh, sooooo good!! I figured I am watching calories, watching sugar, so I thought if I make these small I can have a few and it will be guilt free! I made these little guys for my work Halloween party on Monday. Hope they last till Monday!
I got this recipe from Martha Stewart. I like it because there isn’t much butter or sugar for sugar cookies, way healthier then using sticks of butter. Who needs all that? Besides I want to bake other stuff too, and I need to save calories and fat where ever I can!!
Candy Corn Sugar Cookies – Adapted from Martha Stewart
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, very soft
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
- About 35 candy corns (Thats what I got for both batches)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place butter and sugar in a medium bowl; beat with a wooden spoon until combined. Beat in egg yolk, vanilla, baking powder, and salt. Add flour, and mix until a dough forms.
- Scoop out level teaspoons of dough, and roll into balls (chill dough briefly if it becomes too soft to handle). Place balls on baking sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until edges are firm and cookies are dry to the touch (do not let cookies color), 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven; gently press a candy corn into center of each cookie (surface of cookies may crack slightly). Cool on sheets 1 minute; transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Chocolate Variation: Reduce the amount of flour given in the recipe to 1/2 cup. Add 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder along with the flour in step 1, and proceed.
Calories for Chocolate Sugar Cookie: 39, Fat: 1.5, Cholesterol: 9.4, Sodium: 4.3, Potassium: 1.2, Carbs: 6, Fiber: .3 Sugar: I didn’t write it down, sorry Protein: .4
Calories for White Sugar Cookies: 41, Fat: 1.5, Cholesterol: 9.4, Sodium: 4.3, Potassium: 3.9, Carbs: 6.8, Fiber: .1 Sugar: I didn’t write it down, sorry Protein: .4
Note: I used my hands during the final mix, otherwise they seemed to not stick well. Also, press the candy corn in lightly, the cookies tend to crack. I used and leveled off a teaspoon to get 35 cookies, otherwise if you make normal size cookies you will probably get about 12 in the batch.
P.S. Save the egg whites, to make ghost meringue cookies!! Recipe coming soon!!
I am loving these little Guys! I hope everyone else does. Oh and these would also be a nice touch at Thanksgiving!! These are not just for Halloween Cookies!
Have a great rest of the weekend and Happy Halloween!!!!
Melanie @ Melanie Cooks says
These cookies are super-cute! What a great idea to press a candy corn in a cookie!
This looks really delicious..I should try this as soon as possible.thanks for the recipe dear..Following your blog straight away..If you have time Check out my blog too..
I am having a Giveaway..
Michelle Day @ www.michellestastycreations.com says
Jennifer, these cookies are darling! Perfect for Halloween. I haven’t been by in awhile and I LOVE your blogs new look! Thanks for sharing at the Spooktacular Halloween link party.
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers says
Thank you Michelle!!