Good morning and Happy Saturday!
Any big plans for the weekend? For me, it will be baking! I have a work Halloween party on Monday, so I will be preparing for snacks and treats! Plus OK goodies for home! Do you have any Halloween parties this weekend? Are you dressing up? If so, what are you planning on being? I am going to be a wolf! I found a cute little outfit today that I plan on wearing. It’s hard to find a decent outfit to wear, everything is kind of hoochy! I need something that won’t show much skin since I am wearing it to work. I did see the cutest outfit, it was a Candy Corn Witch, but the dress was so short and I mean short! I couldn’t even leave the dressing room. It would of been cute to, since I will be bringing candy corn cupcakes. Be prepared to get the recipe this weekend.
I made this recipe a couple of weeks ago for my Husband to take to work. Please forgive the pictures, I took them at 11pm and the lighting, well sucks! I got this recipe from Oh She Glows and I just tweaked it a bit. This would be very easy to make Vegan,, espeically since Oh She Glows is a Vegan blog. You should check out Angela’s site it has wonderful recipes on it!
Wondering what the recipe is? It’s Rice Krispie Treats without Marshmallows, Halloween Style!
Halloween Rice Krispie Treats – Adapted From Oh She Glows
1/2 cup all natural peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
1/2 cup brown rice syrup
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup non-fat milk or unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup sifted cocoa powder
1/4-1/2 tsp kosher salt, to taste (I forgot to add salt)
3 cups crisp rice cereal (I use GF Nature’s Path)
1/4 cup chopped unsalted peanuts (optional, but adds a nice texture)
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Line an 8 inch square pan with 2 pieces of parchment paper going each way.
2. In a medium sized saucepan, stir together the peanut butter, brown rice syrup, vanilla, and almond milk together over low-medium heat. Once combined, slowly add in the sifted cocoa power and the kosher salt. Stir over low heat being careful not to burn.
3. Mix in the 3 cups of rice crispies and remove from heat. Now add I the 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and stir well. Spread this mixture into the square pan lined with parchment paper. Press down firmly and evenly. Place in the freezer for at least 10 minutes to firm up.
4. Make the glaze. Just add Powdered Sugar and Syrup and mix until a consistency you like, add a splash of milk if to thick or more syrup.
5. Add Candy Corn and Sprinkles, press in firmly.
6. Place the glaze in a ziplock baggie, and cut the corner off and then drizzle the glaze over the Rice Krispies.
Let it harden and then cut into bars.
Servings: 16 Rice Krispie Bars
Calories per bar: 138, Fat: 4.5, Sodium: 80, Potassium: 6.4, Carbs: 18, Fiber: 1.3, Sugar: 8.7, Protein: 2.9
These really taste like Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats. I was really surprised by that! I did a comparison with using Marshmallows and the calories are way better, almost half, not to mention the sugar on this recipe is more then 3/4’s less then using Marshmallows. Way Healthier!! Well, I did add all the candy and sugar glaze. I needed it to be sweeter! My Husband and his friends like sugar!
What Halloween Treats are you planning on making??