With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to make a rich, decadent chocolate dessert. Now you are thinking, what about calories? I get it! This is why my chocolate cake is only 140 calories a slice and get this, contains no eggs and is vegan. But what I like best, besides the flavor, is you can mix it all together in your baking dish. No dirty bowls! I love that. So what is this recipe I am talking about? Chocolate Banana Snack Cake.
This cake is so rich and tastes like a decadent chocolate dessert with a hint of banana. It is also light, fluffy and so very moist too. This was a hit in my home and I am sure it will be in yours.
One of the nice things about this recipe is you mix everything together in your baking pan. No dirty bowls to worry about. It’s basically like a dump cake. I am truly surprised how this came out. I got this idea for the recipe from Betty Crocker. I just adapted it to what I like.
The recipe contains basic ingredients you have in your house, flour, sugar, oil (I used coconut oil), cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and of course banana’s. For the topping; the recipe called for chocolate chips. I decided to take a chocolate bar and shave the chocolate on top. So oooeey gooey! The shaved chocolate on top gives such a nice look to the cake.
This is perfect for an afternoon snack or when you are truly craving chocolate. I am so happy with the outcome of this recipe. I still can’t believe it is made in the baking dish.
- Serves: 16 slices
- Serving size: 1 slice
- Calories: 140
- Fat: 6.5
- Carbohydrates: 21
- Sugar: 10
- Sodium: 117
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 2
- 2 very ripe medium bananas
- 1¼ all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- ⅓ cup coconut oil or vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅓ dark chocolate chips or chips of choice ( I used a chocolate bar and shaved the chocolate over the top.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 8" square baking dish, mash banana's with a fork. Add remaining ingredients (except chocolate chips) and mix with a spoon until combined. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the pan. Top with chocolate chips.
- Bake in oven for 30 - 35 minutes, until center comes out clean with a fork.
- Let cool completely before serving.
- Adapted from Betty Crocker
Loving how light and fluffy the cake is. So if you are looking for a chocolate dessert to pack in lunches or to serve to your loved ones for an after dinner dessert, this is a simple, easy recipe for you. Oh, and serve it slightly warm with a pinch of vanilla ice cream. So goooooood!
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.