Do you ever such a hard decision, that you just do not know what to do? I had that problem this past weekend. I mean come on, do I make cookies or brownies? Such issues I have. So I did a search online and I found that one of my foodie friends; Chocolate Moosey made chocolate chip cookie brownie bites. I saw her recipe and thought, perfect, I can do that. So I gather all of my ingredients and whipped it all together. It actually didn’t take that long and it’s quicker than making batches of cookies. So today I have for you Brookies!
These Brookies are moist chocolaty little bites. They have a soft brownie bottom and topped with a classic chocolate chip cookie dough. Yum! Need I say more? The recipe is really easy to make too. If you can’t decide between brownies or cookies, give this a try.
The recipe makes 48 little bites. They are just 106 calories which I do not think is to bad for this decant little treat. To make the recipe, you start off with a simple brownie batter and place the batter in mini muffin cups. Then you make the cookie dough and carefully spread on top of the brownie. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and you have perfect little bites.
However, I will warn you, you have to make sure the brownie batter is cooked all the way through. The first batch I made, I under cooked the Brookies and the brownie bottom stuck to the pan. The second batch I cooked a little bit longer and they turned out to be the perfect cup. You will need a butter knife to run around the rim of the muffin tins. Be patient, it will come out. Oh and one more hint, make sure you let the Brookies cool in the muffin tin for at least 5 minutes if not longer.
- Brownie Layer:
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cut into 8 tablespoons
- 2 oz, unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- Cookie Layer:
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ⅛ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 2 mini muffin pans with cooking spray, set aside.
- For the brownie layer:
- In a medium size pot, over medium-low heat add butter and unsweetened chocolate, Stirring constantly melt the butter and chocolate together. Take off the burner. Stir in cocoa powder, sugar and salt; mix until well combined. Stir in vanilla extract and egg; mix until well combined. Stir in flour, just until incorporated.
- Fill each muffin tin half way with brownie batter. Use your fingers to spread it out. Set aside.
- To make cookie layer:
- In a bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; mix until combined. set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until fluffy; about 3 minutes. Mix in egg and vanilla extract until combined. Carefully add flour mixture and beat until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop about a teaspoon size of cookie dough and spread on top of brownie mixture. I used my fingers to flatten.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 - 12 minutes. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Take Brookies out of pan and place on cooling rack to cool completely.
These make such a great little treat. they are sweet, but not overly sweet and completely satisfy my cookie/brownie craving.
Have a great day!
P.S. You should check out the other recipes from Chocolate Moosey.