Yup, today I am sharing with you another cookie recipe. I told you, it is my every Sunday thing to do. Sometimes I make a recipe I already posted and sometimes I like to change it up. As you can tell, lately I changed it up. Today I am sharing with you one of my favorite all time cookie recipe; chocolate chip. However, I changed it up and made it orange flavor. Talk about OMG! I love orange dark chocolate so I thought, why not in a cookie? I am so glad I ventured out and tried this combination. It is simply amazing!
The cookies turned out soft, lightly crispy around the edges and the chocolate just melts in your mouth. When I was making this recipe, I was going to use orange extract, but I was out. I have every flavor in the world, but orange. So I added freshly squeezed orange juice and orange zest. It added the perfect orange flavor without being to over baring.
I also lightened up the recipe a bit by cutting back on the butter and sugar. I try to go as light as I can without ruining the cookie. This recipe makes 60 perfect little 2″ cookies. Perfect for lunches, snacks and sharing.
Not only do I make these cookies for my Husbands lunch, but they are a Monday must for work. When ever our boss comes in on Monday, I get “you didn’t bake anything?” If there are no baked goods on a Monday, it makes for a long day. Oddly enough, as weird as it sounds, it really does make for a good Monday, no matter what drama is going on. So yes, Monday cookies are the thing to do! It’s job security! lol
- Serves: 60
- Serving size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 72
- Fat: 4.2
- Carbohydrates: 9
- Sugar: 5.5
- Sodium: 25
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 1
- Cholesterol: 9
- 12 tbsp. (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup firmly-packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. orange zest (from one orange)
- 2 cups extra dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt and orange zest; set a side.
- In a large bowl, add butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and beat until creamy. Beat in one egg until combined. Beat in vanilla extract, and orange juice; until combined. Slowly add flour mixture until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Take about heaping teaspoon size of dough and place 2" apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake in oven for 8 - 10 minutes, just until lightly browned around the edges. Let cool on baking pan for 2 minutes and place on a rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Sorry for all of the cookie recipes. I have really gotten into baking and I am really enjoy it!
Have a great Monday!
P.S. I was told these cookies taste like orange flavored Milano Cookies! 🙂