I am all about cooking a quick weeknight meal. After working all day the last thing I want to do is cook dinner and I am sure a lot of you feel the same. Today I am sharing with a super fast meal that is filling, low-calorie and tastes out of this world. It is Creamy Herb & Garlic Chicken Pasta. My family’s favorite meals are pasta dishes and they can tell you, I just don’t make pasta enough. After sharing today’s recipe with my Husband, he was in love! It’s kind of reminds me of an Alfredo chicken pasta dish, but way healthier for you. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Van’s sent me brand a bundle of brand new products that are just hitting the market and they asked me to test them out. So the second pasta that I tried out was Van’s Creamy Herb & Garlic Whole Grain and Lentil Pasta. It has 11 grams of protein and 28 grams of whole grains per serving. It’s made with brown rice flour, red lentil, beet powder and tomato powder. My Husband had no clue that it was gluten-free. If you know him, he is a total white pasta person and he has been loving Van’s Gluten-Free pastas.
I have also tried Van’s Ultimate Cheddar Pasta with Whole Grain Rice and that was another hit. We served it as a side dish with our steak. My family loves Mac & Cheese and again, no clue it was Gluten-Free. You can check out the package here.
For my recipe today, it could totally be a side dish, but instead I wanted to make it a meal and it can easily serve four people. I served my pasta dish with some bread and a side salad. Simply perfect in my eyes. I do want to tell you that the sauce blows my mind. It’s has the perfect herb flavors, it’s creamy and delicious. It complements the chicken perfectly.
- Serves: 4 - 1½ cup servings
- Serving size: 1½ cups
- Calories: 335
- Fat: 11
- Carbohydrates: 33
- Sugar: 1.8
- Sodium: 395
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 25
- Cholesterol: 56
- 1 pkg. (7.2 oz) Van's Creamy Herb & Garlic Pasta
- 3 tbsp. fat free milk
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 10 oz chicken breast, cut up into bite size pieces
- Parmesan Cheese (Optional)
- In a large pot bring 6 cups of water to a boil. Add pasta; return to a boil, cook for 8 to 9 minutes or until al dente. Do not over cook.
- While the pasta is cooking; in a large skillet add olive oil and chicken. Sprinkle chicken with salt & pepper if desired. Cook chicken until no longer pink, about 8 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- Drain the pasta in a colander and rinse with water.
- In the pot that you cooked the pasta in, add butter and milk and place over low heat. Warm until the butter is melted. Add the Creamy Herb & Garlic packet. Stir until incorporated and no lumps remain. Stir in pasta and chicken.
- Divide between four plates. Top with Parmesan Cheese if desired.
Van’s also sent me their new Gluten Free Granola, It is 130 calories a serving and comes in Blueberry Walnut and Cranberry Almond. The granola tastes like the topping of a fruit cobbler. It’s sweet, filling and goes great on yogurt. Oh and it’s only 6 grams of sugar which is low considering how sweet it is. Whether your gluten free or not, you must try these new products from Van’s.
If your interested in finding out more about Van’s you can find there products at your local grocery store. Plus you can check them out at the following:
Have a great day!
P.S. Sorry about the photos, these pictures were taken at the worse time of the day. Food Blogegrs know what I am talking about. 🙂
Van’s Simply Delicious gave me products to try out. I was not paid for this post and all opinions are my own.