Today for #SundaySupper we are to create a recipe for our end of the year cravings. This was pretty tough because I crave a lot of things, but I finally narrowed it down to something I have been wanting to make and of course eat. I have for you my Jalapeno Poppers Wrapped in Bacon. Oh Yeah!! Peppers, cheese and bacon, need I say more?
This is one delightful appetizer. It is a spicy jalapeno, filed with cool cream cheese and cheddar cheese all wrapped in a piece of bacon. It is so good and sure to be a crowd pleaser. Plus, you want to know a secret? They are only 50 calories each. Yes, bacon and cheese together only 50 calories! He he I think I am in love!
To make this low in calories, I used reduced fat cream cheese with full fat cheddar cheese. For the bacon, I sliced it down the middle horizontally, so the calories per slice are cut in half. Plus to boot, I used a reduced fat bacon, which was only 20 calories a slice and cut in half, 10 calories! I used Applegate Good Morning Bacon, but you could also use turkey bacon or another reduced fat bacon. Trust me in this combo, no one will know the difference.
Not only are these little bites of spicy goodness taste great, but they are so easy to make. I had my Husband slice the jalapenos and de-seed them for me, while I mixed the cheese’s together. Just fill the jalapenos with the cheese mixture and carefully wrap the bacon around it. I used a toothpick to hold the bacon in place. Just remove the toothpick before serving. I baked my poppers in the oven for 15 minutes. Perfect!
- 6 Jalapenos, cut in half, seeded
- 5 oz. cream cheese,soften (reduced fat)
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 6 slices bacon, cut in half horizontally (I used reduced fat)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a medium bowl, add cream cheese, cheddar cheese and garlic.
- Evenly fill each jalapeno with cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap bacon around the jalapeno and use a toothpick to hold it in place.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes or until bacon is fully cooked and slightly crisped.
I used reduced fat bacon in this recipe. Any bacon of your choice will work well.
This is one delish appetizer, but it also tastes good for breakfast. Yes, I had these for breakfast and they were mighty good!
I am looking forward to seeing everyone’s end of the year cravings. My guess after checking out the recipes I will have more cravings. 🙂
Have a great day!
Comfort Food Cravings
- Beef Tenderloin Citrus Arugula Salad from Family Foodie
- Chunky Beef Chili from MealDiva
- Cowboy Candy and Cream Cheese from Rhubarb and Honey
- Creamy Veggie and Chip Dip from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Golabki (Polish Cabbage Rolls) from Healthy. Delicious.
- Jalapeno Poppers Wrapped in Bacon from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Lightened and Loaded Potato Soup from Momma’s Meals
- Prime Rib Roast from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Roasted Cashews & Walnuts with Honey and Herbs from Delaware Girl Eats
- Russian Black Bread from Curious Cuisiniere
- Sausage and Cheese Stromboli from Casa de Crews
- Steak and Eggs from Nosh My Way
- Steak Tartare from The Texan New Yorker
- Swiss Onion Bread from The Foodie Army Wife
Quench Your Thirst Cravings
- French 75 Cocktail from Ruffles & Truffles
- Sparkling Peach Cocktail from Magnolia Days
- Crab Artichoke Bread from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mussels in Coconut Broth with Garlic Toasts from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Seafood Scampi from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth Cravings
- Apple Bundt Cake from Pancake Warriors
- Dark Chocolate Potato Chip Fudge from Nik Snacks
- Dulce de Leche Rice Krispy Treats from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Hot Chocolate Milky Way Brownie Pie from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Lower-Sugar Carrot Cake Jam from What Smells So Good?
- Maple Syrup Creme Brule from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Mint Infused Deep Dish Brownies from The Perfect Brownie
- Paleo Pound Cake from NinjaBaker
- Pizzelle from Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Sweet Potato Sheet Cake from Pies and Plots
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.