I am loving my potatoes lately, but one thing I never do is make potatoes for breakfast. I don’t know why? I order potatoes when I go out for breakfast, so why not make them at home? Well that is exactly what I did. So glad that I did because they turned out amazing. Simply perfect for siding with your eggs. Oh, I am going on about my potatoes, but I never told you what I made. I made a simple Bacon and Potato Hash.
The potatoes taste delish! They are fork tender, a little crispy, buttery and chock full of peppers and onions with what else? Bacon! Yeah, you know the saying everything tastes better with bacon, well it’s true , this recipe screams bacon flavor. All of the ingredients compliment each other so well.
When making this recipe I used Tasteful Selections Ruby Sensation Potatoes. The potatoes are the perfect size and they have a nice creamy flavor and the best part you don’t need to peel them. I love that they are easy and convenient. I found the Tasteful Selections in the produce aisle of my grocery store.
When making the recipe I cooked my bacon first, then drained the fat from the bacon, but reserved one tablespoon of the fat. Then I added the potatoes to the same skillet. I covered and cooked them for 10 minutes, then added the peppers, onions, some thyme and ground pepper and cooked for about 10 minutes more, until my potatoes were fork tender. the I stirred in my bacon. It was so simple.
- Serves: 6 cups
- Serving size: 1 cup
- 3 slices, thick cut bacon, cut into bite size pieces
- 24 oz bag Tasteful Selections Ruby Selection Potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 cup sweet bell pepper, diced small
- ½ cup onion, diced small
- ¼ tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- Over medium low heat, cook bacon until crispy, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove bacon and drain the fat from the pan, leaving 1 tablespoon of bacon fat.
- In the same skillet the bacon was cooked in, add the potatoes, cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the peppers, onions, thyme and ground pepper, mix well. Cover and cook for 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally or until the potatoes are fork tender. Stir in bacon and serve warm.
Have you Guys tried Tasteful Selections Potatoes? They come in a wide variety, such as Honey Gold, Ruby Sensation, Sunrise Medley, Golden Temptation, Purple Passion, White Delights, Fingerlings, and Microwavable! They are made in Bakersfield, CA and are available at grocery stores nationwide. You can go here to see the locations.
Did you also know that Tasteful Selections are free of FOUP the fear of undercooked, ugly, useless, uneven, unclean, unremarkable, unsightly or otherwise unappealing potatoes. lol I love that! You can go here to watch a fun video, take a quiz and more. Find out what your FOUP is! Mine is the fear of ugly potatoes! Oddly enough it’s true! lol Tasteful Selections baby potatoes are 100% FOUP Free. Guaranteed! Plus they are non-GMO!
Not sure what to make with your potatoes? Well, Tasteful Selections have a ton of delicious potato recipes. Get the recipes at: http://www.tastefulselections.com/recipes/
Have a wonderful day!!