With the summer coming close to an end, which is so sad, I thought I would share with you a simple appetizer to serve at your next Labor Day party or even football party. This is one recipe that I have had in the back of my mind for about a month, and I finally did it! It seems the new rage right now is fried pickles. I was intrigued by them, but never ordered them because they are fried. So with that idea in mind I thought why not make baked pickles. Oh yeah, and let me tell you they turned out wonderful. Let me introduce to you my newest recipe; Baked Pickles with Ranch Dressing.
These pickles turned out amazing! They are crispy, a tad spicy with a hint of garlic. Simply delicious and best part besides tasting yummy is that they are low in calories. Each serving, including the dressing is only 87 calories. You can’t go wrong with that!!
To make them its supper easy! I took my Farmers Garden Dill Chips by Vlasic and put them on a paper towel to soak up some of the pickle juice. Meanwhile in a bowl, I added egg substitute, sriracha sauce, garlic powder and flour. Then in a separate bowl, I added panko bread crumbs. I dipped my pickles in the egg mixture then added it to the bread crumbs and placed them on a baking sheet. So the heat circulates in the oven I used a cooling rack and placed it on my baking sheet. If you don’t have one, a regular baking sheet with parchment paper will work fine. Here is what they looked like before putting them in the oven.
The whole process takes about 10 – 15 minutes. Once the pickles were done, I served it with a homemade ranch dressing which is greek yogurt, ranch seasoning and a pinch of milk. Delish! I am loving this recipe and it was a huge hit with the family. They ate them all in one serving.
- Serves: 6 servings
- Serving size: 5 pickles plus dressing
- 1 26oz. jar Farmers Garden Dill Chips
- ½ cup egg substitute or two eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1 tsp. sriracha sauce or hot sauce
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- 1½ cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup greek yogurt, plain
- 1 tbsp. ranch seasoning
- a few drops of milk, if needed
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or putting a cooling rack over a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- In a bowl add egg substitute, flour, sriracha sauce, garlic powder and ground pepper. Mix until it becomes a thick batter.
- In a shallow bowl add panko bread crumbs.
- Line all of the pickles onto a paper towel to absorb some of the juice.
- Dredge the pickle into the egg batter, than dip into the bread crumbs. Place onto baking sheet. Do the same with remaining pickles.
- Bake in oven for 8 minutes, flip and bake for 5 more minutes until lightly golden. Serve with dressing.
- To make dressing: in a bowl, add greek yogurt and seasoning, mix until combined. taste test it to see if you need more seasoning. If it is too thick, add a few drops of milk until it is the consistency you like.
I am truly pleased on how tasty these pickles came out. I am also impressed on how crispy they are, especially that they are baked and not fried. So next time you are looking for a quick appetizer to serve at your next party, think of baked pickles!!
If you are looking for more pickle ideas, you can always check out Farmers Garden by Vlasic website, just go here.
Have a fantastic day!