Happy Friday to you! Any big plans for the weekend? I have to say I don’t have too much planned as of right now, but hoping to do something fun! So today I thought I would start your weekend with some Traditional Blueberry Muffins. I was going through my recipe box and I noticed blueberry muffins, but not plain, traditional ones, however today’s recipe is not plain at all, but you are getting super moist delicious muffins!
These muffins are light, fluffy a wonderful butter flavor, and chock full of plump blueberries. I have to say they are probably one of the best blueberry muffins to date. They remind of the box ones my Mom used to make when I was a kid. Remember the ones that came with the canned blueberries? Yeah! These kind of remind me of them.
What makes the muffins so moist is that it is made with a stick of melted butter and a big old cup of non-fat milk. To give them a little bit of extra flavor is that I used a little bit of vanilla extract. I kind of have a thing for vanilla. The recipe also makes for 16 standard size muffins, which comes in at only 139 calories. Not to shabby for muffins that contain butter.
These muffins would be great for a Sunday brunch, sided with some fresh eggs and bacon or simply to have as mid morning snack with a cup of tea or coffee. Just don’t let the pictures fool you, these muffins are simply amazing and I am pretty proud to share them with you today.
- Serves: 16 Muffins
- Serving size: 1 Muffin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup non-fat milk
- 11/4 cups blueberries, frozen
- 2 tbsp. course sugar (I used granulated)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line two standard muffin tins with muffin liners or spray with cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set a side.
- In large bowl add sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla; mix until combined. Pour in the milk; mix until combined. Slowly incorporate flour mixture just until moist. With a spatula, fold in blueberries.
- Evenly spoon batter into prepared muffin pan. Sprinkle with course sugar. Bake in oven for 15 - 20 or until center comes out clean with a toothpick.
So next time your up to making some muffins, give this recipe a try. it’s so easy to make and in 30 minutes you will have fresh, warm muffins from the oven. Just think of a dollop of butter on it, oh yah! That’s what I am talking about.
Have super fabulous weekend!