Happy Mother’s Day to you! Today for #SundaySupper we are celebrating Mom!! As some of you know my Mom lives in North Carolina and I wish we were celebrating it together. But I guess we will be talking on the phone. I have to tell you my Mom is one of a kind. She is more than a Mom to me, but a best friend. Growing up we were like buddies. As a young adult, I always had to be in bed by 9am, but every Thursday night at 10pm, my Mom would have Valevetta Cheese and Salsa all ready to go so we could watch Knotts Landing together, kind of weird, but it was our thing! 🙂 My Mom was is also one of those people everyone, at any age loves! She is friendly, outgoing and I noticed she can be a real talker. My Mom is a Nanny and let me tell you the kids love her. I do miss my Mom very much and I am hoping one day soon I will be able to visit her. It’s horrible how time goes by so fast, that the next thing you know the year is over with. I just wanted to wish my Mom a very Happy Mother’s Day!! I love you!!
To celebrate Mother’s Day I made a nice light cookie that would be perfect for a Mother’s Day brunch it is my Lemon Cookies! The cookies are tender, soft and have the perfect amount of lemon. Little Jenny said they tasted like Panera Bread’s shortbread cookies and at work I got oh my gosh these are so good! The ladies at work were so happy that they are only 54 calories! Not to shabby for a cookie!!
These cookies are made with cream cheese that makes them light and fluffy. I used freshly squeezed lemon and lemon zest to give them the perfect lemon flavor. Plus these cookies are a breeze to make!! Just note when you make these the batter is a tad sticky!! But the batter tastes good, but don’t tell anyone I had any! 🙂
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 6 tbsp. butter unsalted (room temperature)
- 4 oz cream cheese, reduced fat
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat; set a side.
- In a medium bowl add flour, whole wheat pastry flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder, mix until combined; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract and beat until combined. Add lemon juice and lemon zest until combined. Add flour mixture just until incorporated. Note: The dough will be sticky.
- Drop about a teaspoon size of batter on to prepared cookie sheets, abut 2" apart.
- Bake in oven for 8 - 10 minutes until bottom of cookie lightly brown. Let the cookies rest on baking sheet for two minutes, then let them cool completely on a cooling rack.
I want to thank Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake for hosting this week! A great foodie friend and a great Mom!
I hope all of you Mom’s out there have a wonderful day! This is your special day, so make sure you relax and enjoy yourself. Oh and also check out the other #SundaySupper Mother’s Day Recipes.
Have a super wonderful day!
- Bacon,Egg and Cheddar Scones from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Chai Berry Muffins from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chocolate Almond Prune Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Greek Breakfast Strata from Curious Cuisiniere
- Maple Almond Butter from girlichef
- Orange Julius from Neighborfood
- Rum Rolls from Daily Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Eggs with an Asian Accent from NinjaBaking.com
Mother’s Day Appetizers, Soups and Salads:
- Asparagus and Prosciutto Crostini from Hip Foodie Mom
- Carrot Ginger Soup from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Chilled Spring Pea Soup from An Appealing Plan
- I Love You Mom Melon Salad from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Strawberry Salad with Asparagus Mousse from Delaware Girl Eats
- Truffled Sea Salt Shrimp Arugula Salad from Family Foodie
- Vegetable Shu Mai from My Healthy Eating Habits
Mother’s Day Main Dishes:
- Betty’s Salad from Jelly Toast
- Brussels Sprouts Kofta from Soni’s Food
- Cajun Shrimp Eggplant Casserole from Food Lust People Love
- Crepes Lorraine from Noshing With The Nolands
- Greek Chicken Pizza from Casa de Crews
- Ham and Spinach Quiche from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Lightened-Up Penne & Tomato Cream Sauce with Peas & Prosciutto from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Mac & Cheese Dressed Up for Mother’s Day from Cooking Chat
- Mini Pot Pies from Jane’s Adventures in Cooking
- Paprika Shrimp from Nosh My Way
- Spears in a Blanket from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
Mother’s Day Desserts:
- Banana Cream Pie from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Black-Eyed Susan from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cannoncini alla Crema from Manu’s Menu
- Chocolate Babka from Run DMT
- Chocolate Caramel Tart from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Creme Brûlée from Desserts Required
- Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Gluten Free Lemon Curd Pie from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Lemon Cookies from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Limoncello Lemon Pound Cake from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Mom’s Glazed Blueberry Tarts from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Mom’s Coconut Macaroons from MealDiva
- Mango Sorbet from Pescetarian Journal
- PB&J Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Peach Cobbler from Cookin’ Mimi
- Pina Colada Cake from The Foodie Army Wife
- Pineapple Empanadas from La Cocina de Leslie
- Scotch Tea Cookies from Shockingly Delicious
- Strawberry Shortcake Whipped Cream Cupcakes from Seduction in the Kitchen
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies from Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here—>Sunday Supper Movement.