Happy Saturday! Since my blog was down on a Sunday morning, I thought I would use my time and make today’s recipe. This was a good call on my part! So today I am bringing you my Banana Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins.
These muffins are moist, light, fluffy and taste so good considering I didn’t use a lot of sugar in them. Ohh, and they are amazing warmed, fresh out of the oven. They are chock full of chocolate chips, zucchini and of course a little banana.
Get this, I didn’t add any fat to the recipe. I used greek yogurt and milk to make them moist and delicious. Since I didn’t add any fat, I highly recommend spraying your muffin tin and liners with cooking spray. They tend to stick to the wrappers. I didn’t have to much of an issue using tin foil muffin liners. But trust me, you don’t even notice there is not fat in them. My Husband loved them and he is the first to say, these are dry and with these muffins and said they were really good!
I think they taste best with just a little dollop of butter in them. Oh how I love butter on muffins. Yummy!
The muffins come in at 150 calories, which I don’t think is bad considering they taste sweet from the banana and the little sugar I added and it beats the calories of the muffins you get at the store or coffee shop. I have to say nothing beats homemade muffins and the smell of it baking in the oven, oh yah baby!!
- 1 banana, mashed
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg or ¼ cup egg substitute
- ⅓ cup greek, plain
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded and squeezed dry
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ⅔ cup milk, non fat or milk of choice
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line a muffin tin with liners and spray with cooking spray. I recommend using alumin foil liners or no liners at all. Just spray the tins.
- In a bowl, add banana, sugar and egg. mix until well combined. Add yogurt, zucchini, vanilla and cinnamon; mix until combined. Stir in the milk.
- Add the flour baking soda, baking powder and salt to batter; and just mix until combined. Do not over mix!
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Evenly fill muffin tins with batter. Bake in oven for 15 minutes until toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins come out clean. Let muffins cool for 10 minutes in pan and place onto a cooling rack.
So this weekend, why not whip together a batch of your favorite muffins? I have to admit these muffins go to the top of my list for favorite muffins. I can’t get over that my Husband liked them and he doesn’t like zucchini at all! This is one way to get him to each his veggies. lol
Have a wonderful weekend!