Today I have a spin on traditional greek salad that is sure to please!! I think this is my new favorite salad and its pretty easy to make, especially since I made some shortcuts! So let’s get to today’s recipe, Warmed Greek Salad.
This salad is simply amazing, healthy and so filling. The dressing is pure greek deliciousness and a cinch to make. The salad is made with roasted tomatoes, freshly steamed asparagus, roasted peppers, cucumbers, olives and chicken. Mmmm, mmmmm, good!!! I think I am in love!!
The dressing is really simple to make too! It’s made with olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano and salt & pepper to taste. Just whisk it together and pour over your salad. When making this salad I cheated and used cooked chicken that I had left over from the night before. I just slightly warmed it in the microwave to get the chill off. But you could use the greek dressing and marinate your chicken in it and then bake it in the oven. That would be so good! I also steamed my asparagus in the microwave instead of steaming on the stove. Just 3 minutes and it was cooked perfectly. As for the tomatoes, I had to roast them in the oven. I love roasted tomatoes and did you know that tomatoes are the only fruit and or vegetable that has more nutritional value when they are cooked then raw? Yup, it’s true, so roast those tomatoes.
- Serves: 4 huge plates
- Serving size: ¼ of the recipe (1 plate)
- ⅓ cup Star Fine Foods Extra Virgin Olive OIl
- 2 tbsp. Star Fine Foods Red Wine Vinegar
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes
- 10 Asparagus Spears
- ¼ cup water
- 8 cups romaine lettuce
- 16 oz chicken, cooked
- 1 roasted red pepper, from jar
- 2 cups cucumber, peeled, diced
- 10 greek olives
- 2 oz feta cheese, fat free
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl add olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, black pepper and salt. Whisk together until combined.
- In a bowl add tomatoes and ½ tbsp. of the greek dressing. Mix well.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray, add tomatoes and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a microwave safe dish, add asparagus and water, cover and cook for 3 minutes, or until just tender.
- Between 4 plates, evenly divided, lettuce, chicken, peppers, cucumbers, black olives, asparagus,tomatoes and feta cheese. Top salads with greek dressing.
Yum, yum, yum! I just love this salad. I love that it’s hearty, filling and I didn’t need soup or bread to go with it. It’s just perfect on its own! It also makes for a great lunch the next day! That’s what I did with leftovers.
Well my Friends, time to get cooking, I need to make another recipe.
Have a super duper great day!