Last Sunday while my Hubby and I were watching the nail biter 49r’s and Green Bay Packers game, we were in need of some spice, BBQ and finger food!! So during half-time I whipped together the most delicious appetizer that satisfied our cravings. This is my BBQ Chicken Potstickers.
These little potstickers are a breeze to whip together and they taste oh so good. The chicken in the potsticker is tender, spicy, saucy and perfect for any BBQ lover. The wonton is crispy on the bottom and has nice soft shell (noodle). The perfect little bite without the calories! Speaking of calories, they are only 35 calories a potsticker.
To make the potstickers all I did was take some already cooked chicken and diced it super small. I added one of my favorite barbecue sauces, which is Stubbs Spicy All Natural Bar-B-Q Sauce and mixed it with the chicken and for a little extra pop of flavor, I added some finely diced scallions. I added my mixture to the middle of my small square shape wonton wrapper and then fried it in one tablespoon of olive oil and then I steamed them. I am pretty proud of these potstickers. It was the first time I actually fried and steamed a wonton, normally I just bake them.
Don’t you love the shape of my potstickers? Super easy to make. I folded each wonton corner to corner, and then folded the outside edges to the corner. It makes a cute little purse shape. You can also just fold the corner over and it will be just as cute! I want to experiment with making different shape ones. It’s kind of fun!!
A low calorie, steamed wonton filled with chicken and Spicy BBQ sauce, served with a side of Spicy BBQ sauce.
- 4 oz chicken, cooked, shredded small
- 3 tbsp. scallions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Stubbs Spicy BBQ Sauce
- 20 small square wonton wrappers
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- In a medium bowl add chicken, scallions, and BBQ sauce. Mix together until well blended.
- In a tiny bowl, add some water. This is for sealing the edges of your Won Tons.
- Place 1 tsp. of mixture in WonTon wrapper, take your finger and dip in water and place along the edges of the wrapper (this will be the glue to seal the wrappers together. Fold each Won Ton corner to corner, and then fold outside edges to corner. Do the same for the remaining wrappers.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and add the olive oil. Place skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the dumplings to the pan. Make sure they are not touching or crowded together. Let the dumplings cook, for 2 minutes, or until bottom is golden in color. Add 1/4 cup of the water and cover. Reduce the heat to low, and allow the dumplings to finish cooking by steaming, another 2 to 3 minutes. Once done, gently remove the dumplings from the pan. This may have to be done in batches, but no need to add additional oil, just add more water when ready to steam.
- Serve with Stubbs Spicy BBQ Sauce or Ranch Dressing
35, Fat: 0, Cholesterol: 2.7, Sodium: 90, Potassium: 0, Carbs: 5, Fiber: 0, Sugar: 0, Protein: 2
Note: Wonton wrappers are found in the refrigerated produce section.
I was inspired to make these potstickers because the fine folks of Stubbs All Natural Bar-B-Q Sauce asked me to review their BBQ Sauce, and me, being the condiment person that I am, I couldn’t say no. I have to admit, I have had Stubbs before and I love it! But not only do I like Stubbs for their flavor, but they use all natural ingredients, NO MSG, NO high fructose corn syrup and is gluten-free. So I feel good having their BBQ Sauce. Their sauces are rich in flavor, thick and perfect on chicken, steak, salads and dipping!! Earlier this week when I posted my Barbecue Chicken Apple Salad, I was asked what BBQ sauce did I use? It was Stubbs! Not only was it good on my salad, but it was great on my quesadilla which was made with apples, Stubbs BBQ Sauce and cheese! See Stubbs even goes with apples! :) Stubbs All Natural also makes spice rubs, but I couldn’t find them at my store, but I’ll keep looking. I want to make a roasted chicken using it! Yummers!
Well that’s it for me, my Friends! Have a great weekend and stay warm. I feel so bad for you Guys in the Midwest and East Coast, the weather is just crap! So please, stay inside, stay warm and bake some yummies!!!
Have a fab weekend!
P.S. Stubbs sent me some vouchers to try their BBQ Sauce and asked me to review them. I was not asked to post about their products nor was I paid. All opinions are my own.