Well it’s that time of the year! I can’t get over we are already into November and you know what next month is, Christmas!! Since the holiday season is pretty much here, I thought I would start early and share with you today my first Christmas cookie of the year. Yes, I know what your thinking, gosh Jen, Thanksgiving isn’t even here yet. Well I honestly figure there is no specific time of the year for cookies, especially ones like these!! Plus for all you holiday bakers, it’s time to start planning and making your list of cookies you want to make, gift and eat!!
These are Dove’s Chocolate Christmas Chocolate Drop cookies and let me tell you the name says it all!! They are so chocolaty, light, a little chewy and simply perfect! My Husband took them to work and they got rave reviews. His friend Yvonne said these cookies are “the bomb”. lol He took just about all of them in and he said by the end of the work day all 50 cookies were gone! Darn it, I was hoping he would bring some home.
These cookies are made with Dove® Dark Chocolate. Have you ever had Dove’s Dark Chocolate? Oh my gosh your missing out if you haven’t. The chocolate is so rich, creamy, smooth and simply melts in your mouth. As I was making the cookies, I kept a chocolate in my mouth and just let it melt. It helped me keep my fingers out of the batter. Besides melting in my mouth, the chocolate is awesome for melting in general. When I made these cookies I had to melt 1/2 the bag of chocolate and they melted like a dream. Sometimes I find it hard to melt chocolate, it can be so temperamental, but not these chocolates.
Making these cookies were pretty easy too. I melted my chocolate over a double boiler, but I think you could melt them in the microwave too. When the chocolate was cooling I made my cookie dough. The cookies contain only a 1/3 cup of flour and 1/4 cup of unsweetened chocolate. Now you have the idea how light these cookies are, plus they are low carb! To give the cookies a slight crunch I added 2 cups of pecans. I chopped them real fine in my food processor. I also used my food processor to chop the remaining 1/2 a bag of chocolate that went into the cookies. Yes, more chocolate please!
- 1 bag DOVE® PROMISES® Dark Chocolate
- 8 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- ⅓ cup flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 cups chopped nuts: such as walnuts, pecans or toasted almonds (I used pecans)
- 2 cookie sheet pans
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line the sheet pans with foil and set aside.
- Melt half of the DOVE® PROMISES® Dark Chocolate (17 pieces)with the butter in the top of a double boiler until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Meanwhile, roughly chop the remaining chocolate and set aside.
- To make the batter, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a small bowl, set aside. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until thick and light yellow, about 2 minutes. Stir in flour mixture and cooled chocolate and beat for 1 minute. Fold in the remaining chopped DOVE® PROMISES® Dark Chocolate and nuts.
- Drop tablespoons of batter onto the prepared cookie sheet pans about 2 inches apart. Bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until just firm. Remove from the oven, transfer to a wire rack and cool for 5 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet pans.
- Recipe from Dove's Chocolate
These cookies are a chocolate lovers dream! If you know a chocolate lover, like my Husband, then you should so make these cookies. I had to keep slapping my Husbands hand from taking my chocolate!! So when you make these cookies, keep everyone out of the kitchen, otherwise the chocolate will disappear! lol better yet buy a few bags of it!
A little scoop about DOVE® Chocolate, did you know if you pick up a bag of DOVE® Dark Chocolate, you’ll notice a “little green frog seal” on each package. This seal means that DOVE® sources 100% of its cocoa for its Dark Chocolate products from Rainforest Alliance Certified Farms. Rainforest Alliance Certified farms meet several environmental and labor standards, which is good for the environment and cocoa farmers around the world. I love that!! I had to steal this photo from Dove’s Website, hope they don’t mind. I love the little frog! He’s so cute! he he
Need more holiday recipes?
You can find a variety of delicious recipes featuring various DOVE® Dark Chocolate flavors at DOVE® Chocolate’s Facebook page – www.Facebook.com/DOVEChocolate
I can’t wait to bake up more cookies the next couple of months. I have to say they are one of my favorite things to make during the holidays. Giving cookies always brings so much joy to everyone!
Have a wonderful day!
Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.
Share the Joy with Dove®. Go to BrightIdeas.com for recipes using DOVE® PROMISES® Dark Chocolate and DOVE® Silky Smooth Dark Chocolate Bar. Click. Create. Celebrate.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Mars®. The opinions and text are all mine.