Oh my gosh! Your going to hate me today! I’m sorry!! Your just going to have to forgive me on this one. Sometimes things in life must be done. I feel bad, but kind of don’t. I guess when I share with you today’s recipe, you’ll understand why. But first let me ask you, do you like sweet things? Do you like savory things? Do you like bacon? If the answer is yes? Then I have the perfect recipe for you.
This is my, well not mine, Maple Glazed Bacon. Holy Shamoly this is an amazing recipe. Crispy sweet apple-wood smoked bacon topped with a maple syrup glaze. It’s like candy! I kid you not, it’s bacon candy!! This is by far the best and simplest bacon recipe I have ever made. I drool at the thought of it. I thought since it was like candy, it would be perfect to share with you on the biggest candy day of the year “Halloween”.
I got this recipe from the Willams-Sonoma Breakfast Comfort Cookbook. Here is a picture I took of it on Instagram. I saw it in the book and knew I just had to make it. On Sunday it was my Husbands birthday and I thought as a special treat I would make him this recipe. He loved it! I made it, and he asked, can I eat it all? I told him save me at least one piece. He did! I asked, would you eat it again? He gave me that”what are you stupid look?” Ahhh, yah!! I guess this recipe is a hit!! And talk about simple. I baked the bacon on a baking sheet for 20 minutes, no splatters of grease on the stove top or standing there flipping your bacon. You know how much I hate making bacon? It’s such a pain in the fanny! But not anymore! Did you know it didn’t even make a mess in the oven. I have always wanted to bake my bacon and now it will be a forever thing. I love that! Try baking your bacon next time, it’s crazy easy and not as much of a mess, except on your baking sheet. You have to love that!
Sweet and savory baked bacon with a maple syrup candied glaze.
- 12 thick slice of apple wood smoked bacon (I used Trader Joe's)
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, add maple syrup; set a side.
- Add bacon in single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes until barley crisp. Drain off any fat in pan.
- With a pastry brush, brush maple syrup over one side of bacon and sprinkle with half of the black pepper; place back in the oven for 2 minutes. Take baking sheet out of the oven and flip the bacon. Brush other side with remaining maple syrup and pepper. Place back in the oven for 2 minutes or until glazed and shiny.
- Let cool for 2 minutes so bacon firms up; serve warm.
Calories per slice: 98.6, Fat: 7, Cholesterol: 15, Sodium: 240, Potassium: 7, Carbs: 2, Fiber: 0, Sugar: 2, Protein: 5
So I hope you can forgive me with today’s recipe! Like I said some things must be made! Some mornings, you just need sweet candied bacon!! Sigh…. Wish I got more than one piece.
Well Guys, I have another post to write, so I better get moving!
Have a super fabulous day and a fun and safe Halloween!!